Dear RC, gimme a break with the Soda package!

I usually bring some powdered drink mixes (such as crystal light singles) to add to water (for the beach mostly); many have 0 calories and are pretty tasty (it is mostly what I drink at home since I do not drink soda). We never get the drink package since we don’t drink a lot of alcohol (definitely not more than we can get free in the suite’s lounge or with Diamond vouchers).

10 hours ago, 10-42 said:

Even if I drank 12+ Diet Cokes a day (like I used to before I had bariatric sleeve surgery (only have 15% of my stomach/pouch now)), I wouldn't expect anybody else/everybody else to pay for my habit.  

There is a lady (close to 40 YO) I work with that drinks Diet Coke in a 24 ounce thermos that she fills with ice. She drinks at least two to three of those a day. I call her a lab rat and there are scientists that follow her around just to see what happens. On top of all that, she is a heavy smoker too - UGH!!!

On 5/6/2022 at 6:59 PM, 10-42 said:

Just information, again.  I didn't look up any particular sailing or ship.  I just posted the question in the FAQ of Royal's site and that is what popped up.

I'm not trying to be uppity, not one bit.  But, I don't pay extra for any drink package or specialty restaurant.  But, I do pay a lot for my cruise.  So, I don't have a horse in this race other than the desire to be as informative as I can.  I go out of my way to provide facts from the horses mouth.  Can I be wrong?  Yes of course and I admit it when I am and move on.  

Hi 10-42, I am sorry.  I don't think you are being uppity or miss informed.  I know that different cruises can have different prices for the same packages. I was trying to be funny as I try to indicate with my "LOL". 

I am hit or miss on the package deals.  I got the soda package for my Mr. Because he can definitely drink that much soda.  But I refuse to buy the deluxe drinking package. Really, I would need to drink 5 to 6 alcoholic drinks a day.  Yickies! If I did that,  I would be in the hospital with alcohol poisoning.  But I will be going with the 3 night dining package. Not because I don't think the MDR can do a good job. But because I am interested in trying new things.  

You got to give RC credit for providing choices for all of us.  Have a great day! 

I am not a soda drinker, but I do drink water at home and use a "Water Enhancer".  It is a small bottle and you  just squirt a bit in your glass.  They sell them at Walmart and other grocery chains.  Mio is a popular brand, but I buy the generic lemonade flavor.  There are more than 15 or 20 flavors including ice tea. One very small bottle gives you about 30 servings/glasses. It is less messy than powder.  Also, I have a backpack that doubles as a cooler that I got from Costco.  Last cruise, I would fill a bottle with juice in the morning and then toss it in the cooler. I gave the room steward $20 on day one and asked that it be kept full of ice. Don't remember why I just didn't use the fridge, but anyway, the thing is leakproof and keeps ice for about 48 hours. We used the backpack cooler on a trip to Yellowstone and I would fill a gallon freezer bag with ice and keep in the cooler. It kept wine, sandwiches and other perishables cold.

5 hours ago, VACruiser said:

There is a lady (close to 40 YO) I work with that drinks Diet Coke in a 24 ounce thermos that she fills with ice. She drinks at least two to three of those a day. I call her a lab rat and there are scientists that follow her around just to see what happens. On top of all that, she is a heavy smoker too - UGH!!!

LOL That's what I thought about my wife and I.  We were black holes for Diet Coke.  I've had ONE Soda/Pop/Coke/whatevers in about 4 years.  Don't miss them at all.

3 hours ago, FireFishII said:

Hi 10-42, I am sorry.  I don't think you are being uppity or miss informed.  I know that different cruises can have different prices for the same packages. I was trying to be funny as I try to indicate with my "LOL". 

I am hit or miss on the package deals.  I got the soda package for my Mr. Because he can definitely drink that much soda.  But I refuse to buy the deluxe drinking package. Really, I would need to drink 5 to 6 alcoholic drinks a day.  Yickies! If I did that,  I would be in the hospital with alcohol poisoning.  But I will be going with the 3 night dining package. Not because I don't think the MDR can do a good job. But because I am interested in trying new things.  

You got to give RC credit for providing choices for all of us.  Have a great day! 

I must be the one to say, "I'm sorry".  I don't do a good job of explaining myself and I have a very dry sense of humor, at times.  I look at most everything as a "Information Opportunity" (after a career in the U.S. Army training folks it's a hard habit to brake, not that I really want to because I learn while doing it), even though I quote people, I'm not necessary responding to them personally.  I'm responding to the premise contained within the post/quote.  I hope that nobody takes my comments in here personally, unless I put your name/login in front of the comment then it is directed directly toward you (EXAMPLE:  johnqpublic, I think you are totally wrong).  I know I can be very direct but I have nothing but the best of intentions and that's to inform.  

I hope we all have great cruises and are safe while we do it.

EDITIED IN FOR GENERAL CONSUMPTION:  No, nobody appointed me Informer-In-Chief.  It's just what I do, what I like to do.  It keeps this 70 year old busy and using my brain.  I love to learn and when I see something to research, I dive right in.  I learn as much or more every time I post something informative in here.  I'm not a know it all, I'm an amateur researcher.  

26 minutes ago, 10-42 said:

I must be the one to say, "I'm sorry".  I don't do a good job of explaining myself and I have a very dry sense of humor, at times.  I look at most everything as a "Information Opportunity" (after a career in the U.S. Army training folks it's a hard habit to brake, not that I really want to because I learn while doing it), even though I quote people, I'm not necessary responding to them personally.  I'm responding to the premise contained within the post/quote.  I hope that nobody takes my comments in here personally, unless I put your name/login in front of the comment then it is directed directly toward you (EXAMPLE:  johnqpublic, I think you are totally wrong).  I know I can be very direct but I have nothing but the best of intentions and that's to inform.  

I hope we all have great cruises and are safe while we do it.

EDITIED IN FOR GENERAL CONSUMPTION:  No, nobody appointed me Informer-In-Chief.  It's just what I do, what I like to do.  It keeps this 70 year old busy and using my brain.  I love to learn and when I see something to research, I dive right in.  I learn as much or more every time I post something informative in here.  I'm not a know it all, I'm an amateur researcher.  

Personally, I appreciate  directness.