Hiding Something on the Ovation...

On 5/26/2022 at 3:44 PM, 10-42 said:

Okay, it's getting late and nobody has retrieved it yet, or got it and hasn't said so, or the crew members I entrusted with it lost it/kept it, or forgot about it.  But, here is the location and what has to be done to get it.

It's located in the pastry/ice cream shop on the Promenade.  You have to make sure that either one of the named crew members are on duty, which they say the get off at 5:OO PM nightly.  You have to say MY NAME!  No not my actual name, you have to say the words "MY" "NAME".  That is written on the packaging on the extreme value, or not item.

As noted, I never reported this because we stayed off the grid. Took me the second try using the magic phrase rather than my assumption that "Jay" had to be spoken.

The item of extreme value, or not, is greatly appreciated as a souvenir of the trip.

On 5/23/2022 at 8:00 AM, YOLO said:

@LizzyBee23  Very sorry to hear this!  Can you elaborate?

This has probably been covered in another thread, but just getting back to the world of the internet and this is the first thread I've checked.

On Day 2 (at sea), a crew member fell down a flight of stairs and broke his femur. The original plan was to evacuate him on Day 3 when we arrived in Juneau at noon. Later in the day, the medical staff determined that the need to evacuate was more urgent so we turned around and traveled back three-plus hours to get to the south side of Prince Rupert Island where the Canadian Coast Guard helicopter could pick him up and transport him to a hospital. In all, the process of reversing course and evacuating took about five hours. Then we had to resume course and the ship was unable to make up the time, arriving in Juneau at about 8:00 p.m.

The real cluster happened when EVERYONE was trying to get off the ship at the same time, causing a long line to debark and again when EVERYONE was trying to get back onboard at the same time, causing an even longer line made slower by the port police checking every person's ID.

You don't know how happy this makes me.  Congratulations to  @HeWhoWaits

I hope you enjoyed the experience and I'm glad it went to a worthy fellow royalcaribbeanblog poster.  I'm also very very very happy that the crew were honest and willing to participate.  

Thanks to all that had/has interest in this.  It's been great.  And I will continue the new tradition.  

On 5/28/2022 at 10:30 AM, 10-42 said:

Okay Okay Okay.  Keeping in mind that I really wasn't at all sure how successful this would be and it is the first time, I didn't go to the "extreme value" side of it, I kept to the "or not" side.  And I wasn't too sure how much the crew would follow thru or be honest about it but I did try to make sure that it was only available to those that read this forum.  And I honestly don't know what went wrong with this experiment so I won't throw stones at anybody.

But, the item was an item I picked up in Sitka, an Alaska Beer Can Koozie in the shape of a cowboy boot.  Only a few bucks.  So, stay tuned for my next cruise and hopefully for others to get involved in what could be a very fun activity for this small group of cruisers.  

I would describe it as shaped like an eagle one would see on a totem pole. And as a bonus, I got an organic chai tea bag inside the koozie!

The best part of the activity was getting to meet Mark and Jennifer. They were one of the highlights of the trip.

16 minutes ago, HeWhoWaits said:

I would describe it as shaped like an eagle one would see on a totem pole. And as a bonus, I got an organic chai tea bag inside the koozie!

The best part of the activity was getting to meet Mark and Jennifer. They were one of the highlights of the trip.

I really didn't look at it for long, a lot was going on at that time and I was, to be honest, getting really tired.  Mark and Jennifer did seem like a couple of characters.  They seem to work well together.