Hiding Something on the Ovation...

I told someone in here a couple/few months ago that I was going to hide something while I'm on the Ovation from May 13 - 20th.  He/she was on the sailing right after us.  I just can't remember who it was/is.  It ain't gonna be a duck!

Who is it?

😀😀😄

There was a person in a thread that we didn't see eye to eye (imagine that) on something.  After we got everything off of our chest we had a "Come to Jesus" moment.  He/she said that he/she would buy me a drink if we met somewhere (or something like that) and I said that I would hide something on the ship for him/her.  I'm a man of my word and I want to do that.  So, I'll continue to do so even if I don't know who it was.  I'll post a clue here and anyone can try to find it.  

1 hour ago, 10-42 said:

There was a person in a thread that we didn't see eye to eye (imagine that) on something.  After we got everything off of our chest we had a "Come to Jesus" moment.  He/she said that he/she would buy me a drink if we met somewhere (or something like that) and I said that I would hide something on the ship for him/her.  I'm a man of my word and I want to do that.  So, I'll continue to do so even if I don't know who it was.  I'll post a clue here and anyone can try to find it.  

Pretty sure it was @CruisingNewb

9 minutes ago, 10-42 said:

Yep, that's it.  I'll be leaving something, I don't know what yet, but it ain't gonna be a damn duck.  It will be something of extreme value, or not.  @CruisingNewb keep your eye open for the clue.  But, finders keepers!  

Okay, what did I do wrong?  Why no link or whatever it's called?

6 minutes ago, 10-42 said:

Okay, what did I do wrong?  Why no link or whatever it's called?

You have to type the @ and then start typing the username afterwards and wait for it to populate so you can click on the name to make it insert to where it notifies that user 🙂

On 5/6/2022 at 8:31 AM, 10-42 said:

Yep, that's it.  I'll be leaving something, I don't know what yet, but it ain't gonna be a damn duck.  It will be something of extreme value, or not.  @CruisingNewb keep your eye open for the clue.  But, finders keepers!  

lol.  Lasting friendships matter more than gifts.  Thank you for the thought and let's continue to hash out differences like adults.  I find your posts eye-opening and informative.  Had it not been for you (I think) I would have not known about the ArriveCan BS.  Thank you!

12 minutes ago, CruisingNewb said:

lol.  Lasting friendships matter more than gifts.  Thank you for the thought and let's continue to hash out differences like adults.  I find your posts eye-opening and informative.  Had it not been for you (I think) I would have not known about the ArriveCan BS.  Thank you!

Yes!

And totally my pleasure!

9 minutes ago, 10-42 said:

Yes!

And totally my pleasure!

BTW. Do you find it weird that Royal doesn't coordinate with Canada regarding this ArriveCan crap?  The first part of registration is EXACTLY like the check-in procedures on the ROyal App.  I would have added a consent form for Royal to transmit this info to the ArriveCan app so that we don't have to do it again.  Thoughts?

7 minutes ago, CruisingNewb said:

BTW. Do you find it weird that Royal doesn't coordinate with Canada regarding this ArriveCan crap?  The first part of registration is EXACTLY like the check-in procedures on the ROyal App.  I would have added a consent form for Royal to transmit this info to the ArriveCan app so that we don't have to do it again.  Thoughts?

I don't know that they did or didn't coordinate at all.  There may be a lot more to it than just adding a feature to the app.  I'm not an apologist for Royal, not one bit.  But, I'm not a big fan of the Canadian Government, right now and that's not to start a political debate.  I'd be willing to bet that Royal and Canada have discussed this and it's been decided that any cruise ship that stops in Canada, Royal would make it a condition of embarkation to have the ArriveCan documentation completed and Royal would vouch for the passengers as all of them having it.  Something, I'm sure, Canada could verify by having the ships manifest.  

But, I don't know anymore than you do!

7 minutes ago, 10-42 said:

I don't know that they did or didn't coordinate at all.  There may be a lot more to it than just adding a feature to the app.  I'm not an apologist for Royal, not one bit.  But, I'm not a big fan of the Canadian Government, right now and that's not to start a political debate.  I'd be willing to bet that Royal and Canada have discussed this and it's been decided that any cruise ship that stops in Canada, Royal would make it a condition of embarkation to have the ArriveCan documentation completed and Royal would vouch for the passengers as all of them having it.  Something, I'm sure, Canada could verify by having the ships manifest.  

But, I don't know anymore than you do!

This also makes me wonder if Royal has done anything more for the Bermuda requirements than they did with this requirement?  Rhetorical, of course.

1 hour ago, CruisingNewb said:

You're suggesting that Royal IT is capable of doing something like this?

🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, just a few minutes ago I hid a extremely expensive, or not, item for all to look for.  I'll give you a hint and wish you good luck.  I will not give anymore information or clues.

This is on the Ovation of the Seas and will be available for those that start their cruise May 20, 2022.

Find yourself in a place that is synonymous with a stroll in the park.  The prize that is available can be found if being active in the search well before the evening meal hours.  Mark or Jennifer, that provides a frozen dairy delight, and are key players in capitalism will have the extremely expensive, or not, surprise on the other side  of the trellis (loosely defined).  The key to retrieving this prize is to mention MY NAME. 

That is all, no further clue will be given.  I only request that if you are the very lucky person to find this extremely expensive, or not, item, let me know in this thread.  Thank you.

14 hours ago, LizzyBee23 said:

The cruise has been a mess so far... Not surprised it hasn't been found. Have some time right now thanks to the absolute cluster that has been the Ovation in Juneau.

Yep, the Ovation WAS NOT ready for prime time.  Someone at Royal HQ needs to be fired.

Okay, it's getting late and nobody has retrieved it yet, or got it and hasn't said so, or the crew members I entrusted with it lost it/kept it, or forgot about it.  But, here is the location and what has to be done to get it.

It's located in the pastry/ice cream shop on the Promenade.  You have to make sure that either one of the named crew members are on duty, which they say the get off at 5:OO PM nightly.  You have to say MY NAME!  No not my actual name, you have to say the words "MY" "NAME".  That is written on the packaging on the extreme value, or not item.

16 hours ago, 10-42 said:

Okay, it's getting late and nobody has retrieved it yet, or got it and hasn't said so, or the crew members I entrusted with it lost it/kept it, or forgot about it.  But, here is the location and what has to be done to get it.

It's located in the pastry/ice cream shop on the Promenade.  You have to make sure that either one of the named crew members are on duty, which they say the get off at 5:OO PM nightly.  You have to say MY NAME!  No not my actual name, you have to say the words "MY" "NAME".  That is written on the packaging on the extreme value, or not item.

How long will they hold it?  I will be on the June 24th President's cruise...

This little excursion into a fun activity seems to have failed or at least something went wrong.  HOWEVER, I'm going to turn this into a cruising custom for, at least, me.  Every cruise now, I'm going to purchase something of extreme value, or not, from local sources and hide it on the ship.  I would also like to involve a crew member or two (I did give the crew on this sailing a healthy tip to follow through with this) with instructions of what to do.  I'll also make up a clue that will take, at least a little, thought to cypher and locate the extreme value, or not, item.  It's kinda like Geocaching or Ducking but with a take home prize of extreme value, or not.  

I invite anyone else to do the same on their next cruises.  My next booking isn't until Jan 2024.  BUT, my wife is already getting the bug to cruise again, soon.  What the hell, we just got off the Ovation a week ago today.  She needs an intervention.  Oh, we're only 3 points away from Diamond status and she wants it so badly.  I keep telling her that we cruise Star and we don't need a status other than that.  But, I guess she likes diamonds 😆😡🥴

In a day or two, I'll post what the item of extreme value, or not, is/was.  Unless someone posts that they got it.  

12 hours ago, bryresangel said:

I can't wait to find out what this was!

Okay Okay Okay.  Keeping in mind that I really wasn't at all sure how successful this would be and it is the first time, I didn't go to the "extreme value" side of it, I kept to the "or not" side.  And I wasn't too sure how much the crew would follow thru or be honest about it but I did try to make sure that it was only available to those that read this forum.  And I honestly don't know what went wrong with this experiment so I won't throw stones at anybody.

But, the item was an item I picked up in Sitka, an Alaska Beer Can Koozie in the shape of a cowboy boot.  Only a few bucks.  So, stay tuned for my next cruise and hopefully for others to get involved in what could be a very fun activity for this small group of cruisers.  

On 5/19/2022 at 6:11 PM, 10-42 said:

Okay, just a few minutes ago I hid a extremely expensive, or not, item for all to look for.  I'll give you a hint and wish you good luck.  I will not give anymore information or clues.

This is on the Ovation of the Seas and will be available for those that start their cruise May 20, 2022.

Find yourself in a place that is synonymous with a stroll in the park.  The prize that is available can be found if being active in the search well before the evening meal hours.  Mark or Jennifer, that provides a frozen dairy delight, and are key players in capitalism will have the extremely expensive, or not, surprise on the other side  of the trellis (loosely defined).  The key to retrieving this prize is to mention MY NAME. 

That is all, no further clue will be given.  I only request that if you are the very lucky person to find this extremely expensive, or not, item, let me know in this thread.  Thank you.

I retrieved the extremely expensive, or not, prize at La Patisserie on Day 3. I had figured it out on Day 2 and had the great pleasure of meeting Mark and Jennifer but when I asked about retrieving the item using your name, I was told that Mr. Jay said you have to give us the password. Since I wasn't using Voom, I decided to wait until we arrived in Juneau to check the hint again. Because our arrival in Juneau was significantly delayed by a medical evacuation on Day 2, I stopped by to tell them that I wouldn't be back until the next morning to give them the password but told them I was sure that the only requirement said to mention "my name." The very literal clue that they were seeking was the words "my name" not the name of our illustrious co-poster.