Deluxe Beverage Package On Ship Deal

Matt F

Ok guys anyone have experience with this? I'm 14 days out for Navigator 3-day and the Royal App Daily Planner just updated with the event schedule. I noticed an event called "Raise a glass to big savings: BOGO 1/2 Off Deluxe". Description says "Enjoy your favorite drinks all cruise long. Buy one Deluxe Beverage Package for only $89 + 18% gratuity per day and second one half off. Visit any bar to purchase. Offer only available today." I've already purchased for my wife and I at $100 + 18%, is it safe to cancel through cruise planner and just do it on the ship?

IMG_2646.PNG

I was mistaken in that the amount I paid was $76 + 18% which is the current price in CP. The part that is interesting is that it says the second one is half off. If this is accurate then for 2 people it would be less on the ship. 

76 + 76 = 152

89 + 44.50 = 133.50

This would be $55 less for 2 people for the 3 days. Probably not worth the risk, because I do understand that it has been said that it is always cheaper beforehand.

47 minutes ago, Matt F said:

I was mistaken in that the amount I paid was $76 + 18% which is the current price in CP. The part that is interesting is that it says the second one is half off. If this is accurate then for 2 people it would be less on the ship. 

76 + 76 = 152

89 + 44.50 = 133.50

This would be $55 less for 2 people for the 3 days. Probably not worth the risk, because I do understand that it has been said that it is always cheaper beforehand.

you have to be careful of the advertising.  They frequently tell you a price saying its 2nd 50% off, but the price it shows already figures that for 2 people.  For example, the $133.50 price above might be advertised as $67pp.  So if the cruise planner is showing you $76pp and also claiming 2nd 50% off, then it's assuming the 1st price is $101 and second is $51 for the $76 average.

If it truly is going to be $89 for 1st and 50%off 2nd on the ship, then it would be worth it on the ship.  Even if you get on the ship and its $101 for 1st and 50% second, you are no worse off than your current pricing.

The assumption is you are not diamond or above for C&A, because if you are, those perks should be part of your calculations as well.