No Covid Test on B2B on Symphony

We are currently on Symphony on the 1st leg of our B2B. We were waiting for information and direction for our Covid test in preparation for the next leg. Nothing…Crickets!! So we contacted the Suite Concierges, Nadja & Jennie, and asked what needed to be done. We didn’t want to neglect to do what we needed in error. To our complete surprise, we were in formed that B2B guests no longer need to test and that this was the 1st sailing to apply this new rule change!! We were dancin’ in the streets(of Central Park, that is). Whew!! What a relief.

This is a wonderful change, but points out the hypocrisy of the CDC.

If you haven't left your house for a week, drive right to the pier and check in you need a test.

If you have been partying it up all week with 3000 strangers, leave the ship and hang out in Galveston for a few hours then come back on, you don't need a test.

3 hours ago, Matt said:

Is there any written notice that B2B don't need a test, @SpicyCherry?

Not that I don't believe you, just trying to see if they've posted this on your cruise (maybe in your back to back instructions?)

Sounds like you don’t believe me to me🤭🤭I got the information from the Suite Concierges. I actually reached out to them because the letter received for Consecutive Guests only mentioned a health wellness screening. I will check that letter more closely when back onboard. Right now we are enjoying a truly Perfect Day, complete with a Coco Loco. And you weren’t exaggerating about the Coco Beach Club….just finished lunch and it was exquisite!!

2 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

If you haven't left your house for a week, drive right to the pier and check in you need a test.

If you have been partying it up all week with 3000 strangers, leave the ship and hang out in Galveston for a few hours then come back on, you don't need a test.

Listen @smokeybandit DON’T RAIN ON MY PARADE!! This is my 1st B2B and it was a big relief not to have to test again….after partying with 5000 people, including a few sneezing 🤧 kids….in the elevator 😝

8 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

Hmmm I would slightly disagree. I think the CDC is full of hypocrisy but there is no evidence that people on average behave as you wrote. However, every one of those 3000 or 5000 strangers have had a negative test beforehand to sail. I think it is rather convoluted to make people test again when they have actually mostly been in a controlled environment. 

1 hour ago, Ampurp85 said:

Hmmm I would slightly disagree. I think the CDC is full of hypocrisy but there is no evidence that people on average behave as you wrote. However, every one of those 3000 or 5000 strangers have had a negative test beforehand to sail. I think it is rather convoluted to make people test again when they have actually mostly been in a controlled environment. 

Hopefully that logic extends to testing children onboard. Maybe that will be the next domino to fall, as it's only rational based on this news.

I was on a B2B in January with wife. The day we got off 2nd cruise, we tested positive for COVID. Only reason I did a test was for a colonoscopy (following week)and before I started taking the crappy tasting 💩 stuff. I would prefer to have the test than require people to have the shots. I prefer neither overall.

2 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

That may be true, but with cases still cropping up on ships, it's still a risk. It just highlights the CDC's randomness.

7 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

Covid is on the ships. Having a negative test to get onboard means nothing people test negative at the moment of their test.   The cases among crew are ongoing.  Follow Facebook groups to see how many are testing positive within days of getting off the ship (some on the same day of disembarkation) my March and April sailings each had about 25 people who reported positive results and there were likely many more who were positive who chose not to say so and/or were not our FB group.  The crew tests weekly and some are positive. 
personally I think Royal doesn’t want to carry B2B testings’ positive numbers and it will keep some revenue and maybe increase revenue of those willing to now B2B  without worry of testing. 
I think testing of kids will go away next. 

This new development I'm sure is a relief for a lot of people, but I'm going to Bermuda and then Canada -- two countries that have their own requirements of forms to be filled out 2 days before the cruise.  Now I don't know if I have to fill out the Canada form before I leave for Bermuda or what.  Just emailed my travel agent for guidance.  #Confused

• 3 weeks later...

Just got back from Europe - for 1st B2B (on Vision) we did not need to test as we were boosted.  For the second B2B (on Rhapsody) the government of Greece requires not only COVID tests for B2B but has also mandated in-person testing.  No proctored (eMed) tests are allowed. Be wary of changes on a country-by-country basis.

• 4 months later...
5 hours ago, HMW said:

Doing a B2B on Vision out of Barcelona. According to a recent email from Royal we will need Covid tests to do our crossing.  Ant advice on how best to get tested while at sea?

If you are on a B2B, Royal will provide the testing for the second leg if it is needed. Check with Guest Services on the first leg and they will let you know what the procedure is.