Vaccination Card for Check-in

We have attempted multiple times to upload the vac. record, and the app continues to reject it.  We can only do what we can do.  Ultimately, a real person may have to look at it before boarding.

I'm sure an app saves thousands of man hours for the cruise company, but not necessarily so if they don't have the bugs yet figured out.  Personally, I liked the old way. 

I accidentally uploaded my VC instead of my hubby's, under his profile. I called CS and told me to reupload. They didn't tell me when it would get validated. I assume they can just verify it upon check-in if it doesn't get verified on time. I refused to get stressed over it. Thank you all for your replies.

Sometimes I have been prompted to upload my vaccine card to the app...and sometimes not. It didn't matter either way. I just produced it at the terminal where they more often than not took a photo of it during check in. 

So we checked in for our cruise that leaves on June 17 and have uploaded all of the documents.  The check in process on the app indicates that the vaccines are being validated.  Is that something that we should watch or does it stay that way until we show up at the pier and they actually look at the original documents?

Thanks all...

On 5/6/2022 at 12:22 PM, Psycho and Barb said:

You have to show your card about three times before you can get on the ship, and they have taken a picture of ours on the last three cruises.  Still not sure why they have us upload it.

Are you saying that even if you've uploaded it in the app before hand, you still need to bring it with you?

Just booked a cruise for December and I feel like I'm having to learn everything all over again...but hey, I get to cruise, so I'll manage 🙂

For anyone having issues with your vaccine card picture being accepted, I verified with RC the card must show this information:

• Name on card must match name of profile it's being uploaded to
  • Card must show matching D.O.B.
  • Card must list vaccine type and date administered

Took my 10+ tries to get it right.

8 hours ago, Chuck586 said:

So we checked in for our cruise that leaves on June 17 and have uploaded all of the documents.  The check in process on the app indicates that the vaccines are being validated.  Is that something that we should watch or does it stay that way until we show up at the pier and they actually look at the original documents?

Thanks all...

If I remember correctly, mine/ours took over a week to validate.  

You do NOT have to upload the vax cards, or really do anything in the app, except pick a check-in time as a Royal rep will verify all the documents (set sail pass, passport or ID/Birth Certificate, Negative Test and Vax Card) anyways before officially clearing you to board the ship. All uploading the vax cards (and everything on the app frankly) does is speed up that time so it's a more of a quick verification of your information and you're on your way, instead of the royal rep doing all that work. (Adding your personal info, CC info, vax card info, picture, etc). 

In my experience since the restart, it takes 4-7 days to validate the vax cards (tho based on comments, YMMV). If it's not validated, they'll validate it at the terminal. 

13 hours ago, Chuck586 said:

Thanks all...

I'm having issues with the app. Where on there do you upload the vaccine cards?

We checked in 45 days out, it took 15 or so days to get validated.

My young nieces were in the process of getting their vax shots so their cards weren't uploaded until 3 weeks out... and were validated in about a day.

I'm sticking with "the timing varies."

9 hours ago, JC Pats said:

You do NOT have to upload the vax cards, or really do anything in the app, except pick a check-in time as a Royal rep will verify all the documents (set sail pass, passport or ID/Birth Certificate, Negative Test and Vax Card) anyways before officially clearing you to board the ship. All uploading the vax cards (and everything on the app frankly) does is speed up that time so it's a more of a quick verification of your information and you're on your way, instead of the royal rep doing all that work. (Adding your personal info, CC info, vax card info, picture, etc). 

In my experience since the restart, it takes 4-7 days to validate the vax cards (tho based on comments, YMMV). If it's not validated, they'll validate it at the terminal. 

Thanks. I really don't know what there would be to validate, anyway. There's no super database anywhere.

32 minutes ago, DDD said:

Thanks. I really don't know what there would be to validate, anyway. There's no super database anywhere.

I assume they're just checking to make sure it has the proper info. I have read some people had cards without the vial/batch number of the vaccine included and I believe they had to get replacement cards. Don't quote me on that though.

My next cruise is coming in December, so I've still got a ways out before dealing with this - so I've got a question - does the app launch the camera and you take a picture directly, or can you choose a picture you already have?

Reason I ask is my daughter has her card with her at her college apartment.  I've got a picture copy that she's sent me previously.  Curious to know if I'll be able to upload that picture, of if I will need to have her card in hand to take the picture through the app.

12 minutes ago, ultimate_ed said:

My next cruise is coming in December, so I've still got a ways out before dealing with this - so I've got a question - does the app launch the camera and you take a picture directly, or can you choose a picture you already have?

Reason I ask is my daughter has her card with her at her college apartment.  I've got a picture copy that she's sent me previously.  Curious to know if I'll be able to upload that picture, of if I will need to have her card in hand to take the picture through the app.

You can upload pictures. My mom texted me a picture of hers, and I was able to save it to my photos and add it to the app.

29 minutes ago, Eric G said:

I have uploaded my vac card in the app.  Should I see any indication in the app that it is being validated after the initial upload?

There should be a "your vax is being verified" message. Then after an undetermined amount of time (it can vary greatly) it should change to a green check mark once validated (assuming there are no issues).

1 hour ago, MrHaga said:

Is the Eu Digital Covid Certificate equal to the American Vaccination Card?

I am pretty sure American Vaccination Cards are still ALL handwritten(or the card given at time of jab) and they never implemented a digital version. Someone else can correct me if I am wrong.

9 minutes ago, Spang1974 said:

I am pretty sure American Vaccination Cards are still ALL handwritten(or the card given at time of jab) and they never implemented a digital version. Someone else can correct me if I am wrong.

This presumably varies by state; in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts you can access a website called My Vax Records that will generate a Covid vaccination card you can add to the wallet of your iPhone. (Underneath the “Issued By” section is a QR code I cropped out for obvious reasons.)
59B286D1-A64E-4457-99EA-AC615AF71447.thumb.jpeg.dea4066b27a5a66a997d8fff0aadba2d.jpeg

1 hour ago, OCSC Mike said:

There should be a "your vax is being verified" message. Then after an undetermined amount of time (it can vary greatly) it should change to a green check mark once validated (assuming there are no issues).

I don't see it in the app.  i did when I first uploaded it.

2 hours ago, Eric G said:

I don't see it in the app.  i did when I first uploaded it.

What exactly don't you see? There should be 4 sections under your name in the check-in section...

Travel Info, Arrival Time, Vaccination, Health & Safety

The Vaccination section disappeared?