Transportation from Port of Miami to Miami Int'l Airport

10 minutes ago, Snowchaser said:

Taxi is set price of $27 for 1 or a family and you can get a van for that price too.  Uber is a couple dollars cheaper but for me the taxi is just easier with it being right outside the terminal door.

We'd probably be best with a van since we are three with at least 4 luggages. Thank you for the info!

• 1 month later...
On 5/5/2022 at 5:00 PM, WAYNO said:

We no longer privately arrange a shuttle when we're done with a cruise.  We book a shuttle from the ship itself, and our bus is waiting at the terminal.  Painless.

Can you also book a shuttle to Ft Lauderdale airport from the ship as well?

12 minutes ago, KimV said:

We were going to use a private company, SAS Transportation, for $15/ea.  How does that compare to the cost to book on the ship?

I just checked my past-cruise folder, and I cannot find a record of this charge.  So I cannot give an accurate answer.  My Wife is cruising, as we speak, or else I'd ask her.  Yes, she has VOOM (wifi), but as too often happens, it's not working.🥴

@KimV

I just found it...

$31.90 for the two of us.

I s'pose there are better deals, but there's also value in stepping outside the cruise terminal, and there's a person waving a paddle for the Royal Caribbean transfer.  Step on the bus, and voila!

It is beyond reasonable thinking why the people of South Florida do not require the port authorities of Miami and Ft Lauderdale and their co-conspirators in the cruise industry to fund and build a tram service/ ski lift/ train/ or a zip line inbetween the cruise port and it’s airport.

Why?????

1 hour ago, bobroo said:

It is beyond reasonable thinking why the people of South Florida do not require the port authorities of Miami and Ft Lauderdale and their co-conspirators in the cruise industry to fund and build a tram service/ ski lift/ train/ or a zip line inbetween the cruise port and it’s airport.

Why?????

Well, maybe one reason is the huge expense, mostly to be paid by the folks, without choice, that will seldom if ever use them. 

4 hours ago, WAYNO said:

Well, maybe one reason is the huge expense, mostly to be paid by the folks, without choice, that will seldom if ever use them. 

No, it's the folks of South Florida who should say it's unfair for cruise ships to inundate our transportation network. It is undue burden for the residents here to have to deal with the traffic, congestion, and limiting of resources so that these cruise lines can make money on their ships that cost $1 B a piece. And; Royal Caribbean, Norwegian, and Virgin each one of you have just spent about $250 M a piece to build terminals in Miami for yourselves-- so there is plenty of money available. 

Port authorities, we want you to build ( entirely funded by the cruise lines) a zipline, ski lift gondola, Elon Musk magnetic underground train, a tram, a train, or dredge a canal so that the cruise lines can transport their passengers directly to and from FLL or MIA and not interfere with our community any longer. 

And Port Canaveral......you especially are in our crosshairs.