cell service with AT & T

1 hour ago, TNMIKE said:

will at&t work in alaska  ?

in 2018 we did the Northern Inside Passage on Radiance of the Seas and we had better cell reception on the ship that we have at our own house.  However, we had land not that far away on both sides.  We just watched our phone and only a couple of times did it show cellular at sea and when that happened we just put our phones in airplane mode.  Now if you are not doing the inside passage (northern or southern) then you probably won't while at sea.  We were pleasantly surprise with AT&T coverage on our cruise.

6 hours ago, whitsmom said:

in 2018 we did the Northern Inside Passage on Radiance of the Seas and we had better cell reception on the ship that we have at our own house.  However, we had land not that far away on both sides.  We just watched our phone and only a couple of times did it show cellular at sea and when that happened we just put our phones in airplane mode.  Now if you are not doing the inside passage (northern or southern) then you probably won't while at sea.  We were pleasantly surprise with AT&T coverage on our cruise.

Same for us in 2013.  Just remember that part of that land is Canada!

On 5/6/2022 at 8:08 AM, smokeybandit said:

My AT&T plan only has Mexico

Hopefully, the signal will come from the Alaska side and you should still be good.  We have the business plan with AT&T so that may be why we have Canada on ours.  Fingers crossed that you will be lucky like we were.

22 minutes ago, whitsmom said:

Hopefully, the signal will come from the Alaska side and you should still be good.  We have the business plan with AT&T so that may be why we have Canada on ours.  Fingers crossed that you will be lucky like we were.

On my plan description it just says Mexico. But on the "change my plan" page under "current plan" it says "Mexico and Canada" so I guess I'll find out!