Costa Maya: Maya Chan or Jaimes?

Baked Alaska

Hello all! I recently listened to a podcast where Matt (?) talked about going to a day beach resort in Costa Maya that was NOT Maya Chan. I love Maya Chan, but I also like to try new things. So, can anyone refresh my memory as to what the day beach resort was? I think it was close(r) to the cruise port.

Edited by Baked Alaska

• Baked Alaska changed the title to Not Maya Chan Costa Maya beach resort

I found it if anyone is interested. 

http://www.jaimesbluereef.com/

Looking at Jaimes Blue Reef Facebook page, it appears they are geared more toward groups. Since I'm a solo traveler (husband and son go flyfishing) to beach clubs, I'm headed back to Maya Chan. I love their food and drinks, and the massages are the cherry on top. 

https://costamayabeachresort.com/

• Baked Alaska changed the title to Costa Maya: Maya Chan or Jaimes?

Maya Chan is it for us at Costa Maya. David and crew know how to treat folks right and as stated, the massages there are top, top notch. They are closed July and August this year though and now we have to find something else to do during that time. Hate to go back to the crowded beach clubs with endless vendors but it is during a cruise and sacrifices must be made.

9 hours ago, CrznTxn said:

Maya Chan is it for us at Costa Maya. David and crew know how to treat folks right and as stated, the massages there are top, top notch. They are closed July and August this year though and now we have to find something else to do during that time. Hate to go back to the crowded beach clubs with endless vendors but it is during a cruise and sacrifices must be made.

100% on all of this, so that is why we are headed back to MC. Why are they closed this summer?

In July they close as David heads back to the states. In August they are building a barn for the new tractor they purchased to help take care of the seaweed. This from Mark himself who was going to make me an August reservation and had to cancel it and the July from David, the owner's son who lives at Maya Chan.