ihealth covid test and Bermuda TA - Enchantment OTS 5/5/22

Hubby and I are heading to Baltimore tomorrow morning to board Enchantment for a 9-day trip to Bermuda and the Bahamas.  We used a Government-issued ihealth covid test, proctored by ihealth, yesterday morning.   The test was quick and easy, and we submitted the negative test results along with our Bermuda Travel Authorization (which we had applied for and filled out several weeks ago) right away.  Today, 24-hours later, I had not heard back from Bermuda that our TA was approved, so I called.  I was on hold for about 45 minutes, but once the operator answered, the TA was approved while I was on the phone and sent to my email.

I have been reading the RC Blog for information for some time regarding using the ihealth-proctored test and I was also anxious about getting the approved Bermuda Travel Authorization in time.  I felt it was only right that I report my experience to all of you who may be anxious, as well.

Thanks for posting your experience.

Most of these tests can be used for travel and will get approved as such. However, the test that get approved for travel and to satisfy flight and entry requirements aren't always the same ones that can be used to go on a cruise. It would be nice if you post whether or not these results can be used to board a ship. 

I am on the Enchantment, May 5, 2022 sailing to Bermuda and the Bahamas as well.

My DW and I just received our Bermuda Travel Authorizations today (May 4). Here's how the process and timing worked for us.

1. About 30 days out, we applied for our BTA and entered Passport  info and picture of Vaccine card.

2. Two days out from the cruise, we both did the proctored eMed tests and got negative results at 7:30 a.m. (required by Royal)

3. At 7:30 a.m. two days before the cruise we finished our BTA applications by uploading a "pdf" of our negative tests.

4. DW got her approval the next day (one day before the cruise) in the morning. I got mine the day before in the late afternoon. We had to electronically sign and initial the form before it was completed.

YMMV

3 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

Thanks for posting your experience.

Most of these tests can be used for travel and will get approved as such. However, the test that get approved for travel and to satisfy flight and entry requirements aren't always the same ones that can be used to go on a cruise. It would be nice if you post whether or not these results can be used to board a ship. 

Yes, the I-Health proctored test is acceptable with Royal.     Basically the same as the emed proctored test kits.