Voom pricing when buying onboard

The current Voom Surf & Stream prices in the cruise planner are a bit steep for my liking (about 20 € per day) so I'm thinking if I should instead buy Voom onboard. The first five days of  the TA we're in Spanish ports where data roaming is free with my current contract. So I'd love to know what the onboard price of Voom Surf & Stream is, maybe I could save some money buy only buying from day 6 onwards.

1 hour ago, Neaxan said:

The current Voom Surf & Stream prices in the cruise planner are a bit steep for my liking (about 20 € per day) so I'm thinking if I should instead buy Voom onboard. The first five days of  the TA we're in Spanish ports where data roaming is free with my current contract. So I'd love to know what the onboard price of Voom Surf & Stream is, maybe I could save some money buy only buying from day 6 onwards.

I think you have answered your own question.  If you can go without service for the first 6 days, you will definitely be saving alot of money.

As for the onboard price, I have found that the presumed onboard price that the cruise planner shows is pretty accurate.  The onboard pricing for US based trips is $25-27, so 20 € per day seems consistent.  Also, if you have a diamond status or above, there should be additional discount for that which you can apply whenever you purchase it onboard (which you cannot when pre-purchasing through the cruise planner).

@Neaxan Look at what the KEY cost is for your sailing. You get the VOOM surf and stream with the Key. If the KEY is within 3-5 Dollars a day buy the KEY and it will pay for itself with the Priority Embarkation and Debarkation along with the Embarkation Chops Meal in the Main Dining room. Buying onboard is a steep increase in cost.

4 hours ago, sunshine3601 said:

Price tends to vary on ship and location sometimes but as of yesterday Oasis OTS was charging $32.99 USD for surf n stream and $25.99 USD for surf only.

Crazy how much their internet has gone up!    

Seems like a clear price gouge.  There is no "supply chain disruption" excuse when there's no consumable object (other than electricity) required.  I just watched a video from SIX month ago where the guy said the basic internet was about $10 per day and the premium was $13.  I just checked and the "deal" price right now is $17/$22.  Talk inflation all you want, but I know it's not 140% annually right now lol

Thanks for your input. Guess this will be a gamble. I currently have booked the package for 19,86 € (about 21 $) as it's down from around 23 € (about 24 $). As long as the onboard price is lower than 30 $, I'd save money by buying onboard. If it's higher (or the exchange rate less favorable) it's more expensive onboard.

@Midwest Cruiser Interesting idea, but doesn't work out for us as we'll only be getting one Voom for one device. That's enough for being contactable and for hubby to watch soccer.

Btw, before changing our booking from Odyssey to Wonder, we had Voom Surf & Stream for 13,21 € (about 14 $) per day... The current price is ridiculous.