Passport

47 minutes ago, AlexTheMeh said:

My cruise is in May and my passport expires in August , my cruise is closed looped from Seattle with a stop in Canada , but Royal Caribbeans site says strongly recommend 6 moths of validity, do you think they will accept my passport? I am a US citizen

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/new-immigrants/prepare-life-canada/border-entry.html

Doesn't mention anything about a "valid Passport" not expiring for 6 months. 

54 minutes ago, AlexTheMeh said:

My cruise is in May and my passport expires in August , my cruise is closed looped from Seattle with a stop in Canada , but Royal Caribbeans site says strongly recommend 6 moths of validity, do you think they will accept my passport? I am a US citizen

You are 100% OK with your current passport for this trip. 

There's only a handful of countries that have the 6 month rule. Russia is one, and Martinique is another.

It's a good idea to not let your passport get too close to expiring, but most countries dont care how close you are till it expiring. Just depends on the itinerary.

15 minutes ago, Matt said:

There's only a handful of countries that have the 6 month rule. Russia is one, and Martinique is another.

It's a good idea to not let your passport get too close to expiring, but most countries dont care how close you are till it expiring. Just depends on the itinerary.

My favorite is South Africa, which only asks for 30 days, but requires TWO full empty pages inside your passport. Weirdos! 

(As a Namibian, I am allowed to say disparaging things about our friend and neighbor South Africa)