YES! Covid restrictions lifted in Italy/Greece!

I hope this comes to pass-- we really do not want the boosters either.  I spent some time on the Italian Ministries website-- and to me, it appears the only thing to have actually changed for travelers on May 1 was that a PLF (passenger locator form) is no longer required.  Masking on all forms of public transport (KN95/ffp2) continues until 6/15.  I have not been able to find anything that says the green pass is no longer required (for things other than medical, nursing homes, etc...)-- which to get the green pass you have to have been boosted/cert of recovery/or negative antigen (2days)/molecular 3 days).  I have found other sources that have said it's supposed to be dropped as of May 1 but haven't found an official source that says that it actually happened.  If anyone can point me in the right direction I would be so grateful!  (If it has really been dropped, I pray that RCL changes policy immediately about having to be tested before every Italy/Greece port for those not boosted--- 6/19 cruise and am considering converting to land based if we have to test every other day. ) 

It's certainly good news but even though Italy and Greece have lifted the restrictions (and those are my destinations on my cruise this coming Saturday) we still have to test to get on the ship. 😭

Once those demon Q-tip sentries guarding the gangway finally go away then I will feel really able to celebrate and enjoy the pre-cruise anticipation and excitement that I always felt in the past.

7 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

C'mon, USA, get rid of the re-entry test like so many other countries are.

Yes please!  We come back to DTW from two weeks in the UK and Norway in July.  Really hoping they ditch this soon.  And really want them to ditch pre-cruise testing too for Anthem out of Southampton lol

On 5/2/2022 at 7:18 AM, Jill said:

Hopefully this means no more “within 270 days of vaccination” too. I really didn’t want the booster. 

https://www.newsy.com/stories/tourists-rejoice-italy-greece-relax-covid-19-restrictions/?utm_source=MaropostMailing&utm_medium=Email&utm_name=05022022&omhide=true

"As of Sunday, visitors to Italy also no longer have to fill out the EU passenger locator form, a complicated online ordeal required at airport check-in". So we don't need to do this anymore? I'm hoping they change to testing to 1-2 days prior to cruise. Any word on this?

46 minutes ago, Hharris1997 said:

"As of Sunday, visitors to Italy also no longer have to fill out the EU passenger locator form, a complicated online ordeal required at airport check-in". So we don't need to do this anymore? I'm hoping they change to testing to 1-2 days prior to cruise. Any word on this?

Correct. The form is no longer required. 

No updates on testing so far. It's still no earlier than the day before sailing for departures from Italy and Greece. I believe this must be a requirement of the respective governments since sailings from other European ports, e.g. Barcelona, in Spain, give you a 2-day window for testing. 

On 5/2/2022 at 8:35 AM, smokeybandit said:

C'mon, USA, get rid of the re-entry test like so many other countries are.

Professional sports teams coming to play in the USA/return home from Canada are dodging the testing rule by busing across the border to the nearest airport then flying from there.

On 5/7/2022 at 2:46 PM, smokeybandit said:

Professional sports teams coming to play in the USA/return home from Canada are dodging the testing rule by busing across the border to the nearest airport then flying from there.

I’m seriously considering changing our return flight from Vancouver to Seattle. If we were to test positive, we cannot spare extra days staying in Canada until we test negative. Daughter starts her new job that Monday, I don’t have farm sitter and hubby has to work.

I’m starting to get a little nervous one of us will test positive 

• 2 months later...

What needs to go is the testing requirement prior to port stops in Greece!! The Greek government has now lifted ALL COVID requirements (no proof of any vaccination, no testing) to enter Greece.  So why is Royal Caribbean still requiring tests at all Greek ports at the cost of $55 per test per passenger for passengers (children under 12 appear to be exempt) who have not had a booster or had the initial vaccine series less than 9 months prior to cruise?

21 minutes ago, SailingSomewhere said:

What needs to go is the testing requirement prior to port stops in Greece!! The Greek government has now lifted ALL COVID requirements (no proof of any vaccination, no testing) to enter Greece.  So why is Royal Caribbean still requiring tests at all Greek ports at the cost of $55 per test per passenger for passengers (children under 12 appear to be exempt) who have not had a booster or had the initial vaccine series less than 9 months prior to cruise?

I'm guessing they see enough people popping positive on the short term tests so they must see value in it.  Purely speculation on my part.

On 7/24/2022 at 4:45 PM, SailingSomewhere said:

I don’t understand why Greece is still on the list. Greece is not requiring anything anymore. I’ve read in some Odyssey groups that those without booster and outside 270 days are NOT being tested to leave the ship yet the website is still saying you do. 

So here is what I found in an odyssey group on Facebook: 

We traveled on June 19th sailing. Our ports were in Italy, Turkey and Greece. We were a group of 10, which included 2 unvaxxed children (ages 4 and 9) and one in our party was fully vaccinated but “not considered up to date”. We all took an antigen test (easier to do it all at the same time) in Rome one day prior to sailing and the unvaxxed kids and “not up to date person” did not have to test again. Even though RCCL website had Greece listed as a country in the testing list. I hope this helps! We did have to show proof of vax upon boarding in Rome, but that is the only time.