Travel Agent

22 hours ago, Tret said:

Can anyone recommend a good cruise travel agent besides MEI.  Nothing against MEI, it is just I personally had a bad experience.  

Thank You

We use AAA because we are members for the auto service.  If you want in-person contact, look for a travel agency near your home.  (AAA has both call center staff and in-person support.)  Again, if we weren't already members, we'd look at a variety of options.

I would point out that while you may have had a bad experience with one MEI Travel Agent they have many affiliated agents.  Try giving another one a shot so you can maintain that relationship.

If you would like to go to someone else, then there are many resources you can use including Travel Leaders: https://www.travelleaders.com/travel_agent/find-a-travel-agent.aspx

8 hours ago, Tret said:

Can anyone recommend a good cruise travel agent besides MEI.  Nothing against MEI, it is just I personally had a bad experience.  

Thank You

Hi Tret,

I am so sorry to hear we have let you down and I would like to get some additional info so I can address any issues.  Sometimes its a matter of who may be a good fit for a client, other times its a training issue.  Either way. Id like to make it right. 

If you would be willing to give us another shot, I will be happy to personally select a travel advisor for you and I will work with them in tandem to ensure we deliver. 

Either way, I would appreciate it if you would email me directly at [email protected] with the details of what happened so I can ensure the situation isn't repeated.  

Thank you! 

2 hours ago, FF86 said:

I would point out that while you may have had a bad experience with one MEI Travel Agent they have many affiliated agents.  Try giving another one a shot so you can maintain that relationship.

If you would like to go to someone else, then there are many resources you can use including Travel Leaders: https://www.travelleaders.com/travel_agent/find-a-travel-agent.aspx

Be careful with Travel Leaders.  Long ago I used them, then did again when I booked my 2019 Alaska sailing.  Without realizing it, they charged a $100 booking fee (and honestly, I knew far more about cruising than they did - she didn't even know about price adjusting and refused to look into it - but the fee pissed me off more than anyone since we sat in front of her and she  never mentioned it).

7 minutes ago, SpeedNoodles said:

Be careful with Travel Leaders.  Long ago I used them, then did again when I booked my 2019 Alaska sailing.  Without realizing it, they charged a $100 booking fee (and honestly, I knew far more about cruising than they did - she didn't even know about price adjusting and refused to look into it - but the fee pissed me off more than anyone since we sat in front of her and she  never mentioned it).

Noted and thank you for that tidbit! Always got to look to make sure there are no additional fees. A good Travel Agent doesn't charge their clients anything!

Last week, I canceled my November cruise on the Harmony and booked another on Harmony in January 2024 (Aqua 2 Bdr).  I promised myself I wouldn't use my current TA as I'm not certain during any given call that they know what they are talking about, but I have the same feeling when I call RCCL direct.  But, to be honest, this TA has never screwed me over in the long run.  So, we are shopping around for a replacement TA we can transfer our new booking to and we can't find anything like what this agency is offering, over $1,100.00 in OBCs (I've said in the past that I'm a whore for OBC's).  No other agency has been able or willing to come close to that offer.  So, I'm in the process of changing my booking over to my usual agency which handles "Only <>Cruises". 

There are some agencies that offer some large OBCs but no where as large as I get with this TA.  This agency is like many others, they have a Corp. office and their agents are spread out all over the country that work from home/home office.   

EDITED IN:  They do charge a $24.99 processing fee for their services.  Minor price, so I don't care, much.  It's worth it to get > $1,100.00 in OBCs, to me.

38 minutes ago, 10-42 said:

EDITED IN:  They do charge a $24.99 processing fee for their services.  Minor price, so I don't care, much.  It's worth it to get > $1,100.00 in OBCs, to me.

Aren't you the same person that doesn't like the abbotts test because it costs a little bit more than the government tests? 😛

Sorry, but no TA should charge you any fees for managing your cruise reservation. They get paid a commission by the cruise line already.

19 minutes ago, Matt said:

Aren't you the same person that doesn't like the abbotts test because it costs a little bit more than the government tests? 😛

Sorry, but no TA should charge you any fees for managing your cruise reservation. They get paid a commission by the cruise line already.

Maybe that charge is how they can afford to give $1100 in OBC. Because that's more than most commissions out there.

1 hour ago, Matt said:

No, I never said I didn't like the Abbott, never used them.  So, how would I like them or not?  I have said there are cheaper avenues though.  🤭

So, you don't think $24.99 is worth >$1,100.00.  I do.   🤪

6 minutes ago, Sharla said:

Maybe that charge is how they can afford to give $1100 in OBC. Because that's more than most commissions out there.

I don't know how/why/when/who, it is what they advertise and what they do give.  I believe, and I could be very wrong, if they can do it, others can too or is Royal giving THEM a special deal.  I could tell you more about my experience with "other" TAs but, I'm not going to turn it into a debate.  But, I've mentioned this to other TAs and I've been told that the agency I work with must deal in volume and another told me that he/she was willing to give me a $100.00 OBC but it would come out of his/her commission.  Talk about a guilt trip.  Like I said, I'm a whore for an OBC and a $24.99 service fee is a minor cost, especially when you are spending over 10 - 20k on a cruise.  No, I'm not rich, I just work and save hard for my cruise money and try to stretch my $$$ as best I can, hence OBCs.

This is my milage, others my have different milage!

26 minutes ago, loki007 said:

Danny From Harr Travel is great 

Love his videos and Matt's as well.  But, it was Danny, I talked to him directly, and told him about my OBCs and he got noticeably upset and went directly to, "well they deal in quantity".   Too bad, I wanted to book with him, but he/they don't give OBCs like I got and it seemed like he wanted to negotiate for them.  

25 minutes ago, Tret said:

I just want to Thank and @Beci Jennifer and MEI-Travel.  They quickly resolved my issue and i am now fully booked for December and want to thank them for there excellent service and reaching out to me.

Thank YOU so much for the opportunity to get you the right fit!  We are excited to help you with your travels!! And we are always here to help --- Fee-Free!!!