Pinnacle Status

My understanding of C&A protocols was that Pinnacle status does not convey to children/grandchildren, rather only to spouse/significant other? Has this changed? I am seeing several people I know having pinnacle club status for children/grands when cruising and posting pics of their pinnacle cards on FB even though these children do not have 700 nights/points? 

I don’t know why they transfer any status to children. I mean it’s seems ridiculous to me to have an 18-year-old be D+ when they haven’t actually had to earn that. Certainly Pinnacle would seem wildly unfair. Just my opinion. I realize it’s hard to have a fair and balanced opinion of this if you have children in your home that would benefit, people don’t often to go against what is in the best interest of their children regardless of the fairness to others, but still looking at it objectively it seems quite unfair. It would be like if I was able to pass the education I earned onto my children without them having to also earn that education. Maybe it’s a silly analogy but it’s early on a Monday 😂🤣

1 hour ago, AlohaLivin said:

I don’t know why they transfer any status to children. I mean it’s seems ridiculous to me to have an 18-year-old be D+ when they haven’t actually had to earn that. Certainly Pinnacle would seem wildly unfair. Just my opinion. I realize it’s hard to have a fair and balanced opinion of this if you have children in your home that would benefit, people don’t often to go against what is in the best interest of their children regardless of the fairness to others, but still looking at it objectively it seems quite unfair. It would be like if I was able to pass the education I earned onto my children without them having to also earn that education. Maybe it’s a silly analogy but it’s early on a Monday 😂🤣

What about if your kids sailed with you every single time and have just as many days at sea as you? I get it, they didn’t pay but they were still on the ship and still recognized as revenue generating customers by RC. Often times we end up spending equal or in some cases more money on the kids while onboard so it’s certainly significant. 

So as long as the child(ren) are under 18 they share status, while traveling. Once they turn 18, they get the status of their points.

There was another post about this where a person child didn't keep the Diamond status when they turned 18 because they didn't travel with the parents and earn all the points. 

24 minutes ago, tonyfsu21 said:

What about if your kids sailed with you every single time and have just as many days at sea as you? I get it, they didn’t pay but they were still on the ship and still recognized as revenue generating customers by RC. Often times we end up spending equal or in some cases more money on the kids while onboard so it’s certainly significant. 

If your kids have personally accrued enough points on their own to get a status, they definitely keep that status. My son will be D+ on his on accord next March even though we'll get there before him.

My dad turned D+ when i was 19; all my brothers and my sister got the D+ status and i was stuck at Diamond (Still stuck, at 165 points by now). My fiance is Diamond now; as royal matched our status. Im certainly sure Pinnacle has to be self reached and is not ''matched'' with any other family member. 

15 minutes ago, octaviocloss said:

My dad turned D+ when i was 19; all my brothers and my sister got the D+ status and i was stuck at Diamond (Still stuck, at 165 points by now). My fiance is Diamond now; as royal matched our status. Im certainly sure Pinnacle has to be self reached and is not ''matched'' with any other family member. 

You're obviously NOT your parents' favorite child! 🤣