Virtual covid test

19 minutes ago, Raven said:

Hi! 

Can we use any provider to monitor a virtual covid test or do we have to use E-med? Emed is more expensive than many competitors out there.   Does anyone have info on this or experience with this? 

When do you cruise?  I'm going to use the iHealth kit that the Government sends you free of charge, I'm only talking about the iHealth variety.  It does cost $24.99 to do the actual telehealth proctored test, per person.  I cruise on the 13th of May, I'll be presenting the iHealth documentation on device or hard copy to the powers that be at the terminal in Seattle.  I'll be posting here if it works.  I'll also be testing with the eMed as a back up on Wednesday morning, just in case!

I am sure RCG will take any test as long as the standards are met. That site says to make sure this meets the testing requirements if you are cruising, so I would call and verify that all the pertinent info is on there before you waste money. 

18 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

I am sure RCG will take any test as long as the standards are met. That site says to make sure this meets the testing requirements if you are cruising, so I would call and verify that all the pertinent info is on there before you waste money. 

I put that exact question through Royal's "CONTACT" option on their website.  It's been ABOUT a month and I've heard more crickets.  I've called and got a whole bunch of, well, maybe, should, could, I'll check, it's on the website...........................................

In fact, here's the response from Royal:

Thank you for contacting us about your upcoming Royal Caribbean cruise.  We are so glad to have received your email.

While this is an automated acknowledgment, we wanted to let you know right away what is happening with your email. Whether you have feedback, questions, or need help with an issue, we are committed to responding to every concern.  As soon as we have reviewed your request, we will get back to you.

Thank you for choosing Royal Caribbean for your upcoming vacation and for allowing us to assist you.  We will be in touch soon.

[THREAD ID: 1-PSHU8GM]

-----Original Message-----
Sent: 03/30/2022 09:03:18 AM
To: web_reservations@rccl.com
Subject: Other, Ovation of the Seas, 13/May/2022, 360  

SwarXXXXX,Jay
Country of Residence: USA

My cruise information:
    Booking ID: 360
    Ship: Ovation of the Seas
    Sail Date: 13/May/2022
    Phone:  317-XXX-XXXX

Issue: There seems to be a bit of confusion as to acceptable telehealth testing kits and apps.  As you advertise Abbott, many think that that is the only system you will accept for the pre-cruise test(s).  Would you please verify if that is true or will you accept others?  Can you provide a list of other kits and apps you will accept? 
Thank you in advance for your prompt response.

3 hours ago, shof515 said:

You can use any covid test you get from government and get it proctored using this service: https://rapidtestandtrace.com/product/observed-test-for-travel/

Very interesting for only $20 now that I just ordered the 2 pack from E-med earlier today.   Still I have a bunch of the government ones and even a few of the Abbott non-proctored tests and can bring them and use this service as a back up.  Just recovering from covid (back to work tomorrow) and sailing in just over 2 weeks, I am still concerned about popping positive and may need to try a few different ones to get a good negative.   So far those dang government ones keep showing a faint positive line but it seems to get a bit lighter each day.

14 minutes ago, Ken Edgar said:

Very interesting for only $20 now that I just ordered the 2 pack from E-med earlier today.   Still I have a bunch of the government ones and even a few of the Abbott non-proctored tests and can bring them and use this service as a back up.  Just recovering from covid (back to work tomorrow) and sailing in just over 2 weeks, I am still concerned about popping positive and may need to try a few different ones to get a good negative.   So far those dang government ones keep showing a faint positive line but it seems to get a bit lighter each day.

I think you're a good candidate for the certificate of recovery if you got a PCR test at any point

8 hours ago, LizzyBee23 said:

I think you're a good candidate for the certificate of recovery if you got a PCR test at any point

Yep, I went to the drive through testing spot the day after I 1st tested positive on home test and she didnt swab back very far in my mouth so the PCR came back negative.  This morning I have another appointment and will opt for the nasal swab instead (this place gives you the option for either), but my at home antigen test this morning is also testing negative to issue may be moot.  

17 hours ago, 10-42 said:

I put that exact question through Royal's "CONTACT" option on their website.  It's been ABOUT a month and I've heard more crickets.  I've called and got a whole bunch of, well, maybe, should, could, I'll check, it's on the website...........................................

In fact, here's the response from Royal:

Thank you for contacting us about your upcoming Royal Caribbean cruise.  We are so glad to have received your email.

While this is an automated acknowledgment, we wanted to let you know right away what is happening with your email. Whether you have feedback, questions, or need help with an issue, we are committed to responding to every concern.  As soon as we have reviewed your request, we will get back to you.

Thank you for choosing Royal Caribbean for your upcoming vacation and for allowing us to assist you.  We will be in touch soon.

[THREAD ID: 1-PSHU8GM]

-----Original Message-----
Sent: 03/30/2022 09:03:18 AM
To: web_reservations@rccl.com
Subject: Other, Ovation of the Seas, 13/May/2022, 360  

SwarXXXXX,Jay
Country of Residence: USA

My cruise information:
    Booking ID: 360
    Ship: Ovation of the Seas
    Sail Date: 13/May/2022
    Phone:  317-XXX-XXXX

Issue: There seems to be a bit of confusion as to acceptable telehealth testing kits and apps.  As you advertise Abbott, many think that that is the only system you will accept for the pre-cruise test(s).  Would you please verify if that is true or will you accept others?  Can you provide a list of other kits and apps you will accept? 
Thank you in advance for your prompt response.

Imagine that, I just got my none answer answer:

Hello Mr. SwarXXXXX,

Thank you for your email. We would be pleased to address your inquiry. We apologize for not getting back to you sooner.

Before boarding day, you’ll need to take
a COVID-19 test on your own, at your own expense. Vaccinated guests must show a negative COVID-19 test result for a PCR or antigen test taken no more than 2 days before boarding day. Kids age 5 to 11 who have been vaccinated may present proof of full vaccination and follow the testing protocols for vaccinated guests. Unvaccinated kids age 2 to 11 must show a negative test result for a PCR test (not antigen) taken no more than 3 days before boarding day.

Mr. SwarXXXXX, thank you again for your email. We look forward to welcoming you back onboard with us again in the very near future.

Best Regards,

Alexander Cejas
Royal Guest Experience Management

So, it appears or is tacit they are leaving it up to YOU to select a test kit that meets their minimum requirements which is A PCR or antigen, home proctored test.  

20 hours ago, shof515 said:

You can use any covid test you get from government and get it proctored using this service: https://rapidtestandtrace.com/product/observed-test-for-travel/

I've been on Cruise Critic and Facebook groups trying to find out if anyone actually used this service.  So far, not yet.  I believe there was one person that said he was using this proctoring service for his upcoming cruise.  I'm waiting for him to come back on to say whether it was a go or not.

I did chat with Rapid Test and Trace and asked what they provided in their email after you've completed your testing.  This was their reply:

Hello there,

The certificate that we are issuing is in PDF format, which will be issued immediately after the session.
Includes the following information:
· Name of client
· Date of birth
· Id number
· Date and Time of issue
· Type of antigen test
· Test result
· Email address of Rapid Test and Trace
· Name of the registered Nurse and E-signature
· Letterhead

Regards,
Janine

My cruise is June 5th on Oasis of the Seas.  I did book proctoring sessions with this company for June 3rd at 7:00 a.m. for my husband, daughter and myself.  I am using the government issued tests (not iHealth).  I have a flight on June 3rd at 1:20 p.m., but I'm also going to schedule backup appointments at my nearby Walgreens.  Unfortunately, their earliest time for testing is 9:30 a.m. and you can only book 7 days out.  Hopefully, this goes well and I can cancel my Walgreens appointment.

In the meantime, I will continue to check Cruise Critic and Facebook groups to see if anyone had any success using Rapid Test and Trace.

49 minutes ago, TJ_Shopper said:

I've been on Cruise Critic and Facebook groups trying to find out if anyone actually used this service.  So far, not yet.  I believe there was one person that said he was using this proctoring service for his upcoming cruise.  I'm waiting for him to come back on to say whether it was a go or not.

I did chat with Rapid Test and Trace and asked what they provided in their email after you've completed your testing.  This was their reply:

Hello there,

The certificate that we are issuing is in PDF format, which will be issued immediately after the session.
Includes the following information:
· Name of client
· Date of birth
· Id number
· Date and Time of issue
· Type of antigen test
· Test result
· Email address of Rapid Test and Trace
· Name of the registered Nurse and E-signature
· Letterhead

Regards,
Janine

My cruise is June 5th on Oasis of the Seas.  I did book proctoring sessions with this company for June 3rd at 7:00 a.m. for my husband, daughter and myself.  I am using the government issued tests (not iHealth).  I have a flight on June 3rd at 1:20 p.m., but I'm also going to schedule backup appointments at my nearby Walgreens.  Unfortunately, their earliest time for testing is 9:30 a.m. and you can only book 7 days out.  Hopefully, this goes well and I can cancel my Walgreens appointment.

In the meantime, I will continue to check Cruise Critic and Facebook groups to see if anyone had any success using Rapid Test and Trace.

Check back here on May 13th.  I'll be using the iHealth tests.  Actually, I'll post a redacted copy of my negative report on the 11th and then I'll post a picture of me in the Terminal or ship in Seattle on the 13th.  Just as a back up, I'm also doing the eMed test simultaneously with the iHealth.  I purchased the eMed/Abbott long before I found out about the iHealth on the government issued tests.  So, I might as well use them as a back up. 

To the skeptics, I'm an honest person.  If Royal doesn't accept my iHealth test and I get on the ship because I showed them my eMed test after that, I'll be honest about it.  If I can, I'll show a picture or video of the Terminal person accepting my iHealth report.  And, I've never claimed to be the smartest person in the classroom, I could be very wrong here.  Royal may not accept the iHealth but they haven't said so and nobody, in here or other social media sites, has shown proof otherwise.  

CORRECTION:  I've never said that Royal will accept the iHealth telehealth proctored tests.  I've only asked for Royal and others to show me where Royal will not accept the iHealth telehealth proctored tests.

13 minutes ago, 10-42 said:

Check back here on May 13th.  I'll be using the iHealth tests.  Actually, I'll post a redacted copy of my negative report on the 11th and then I'll post a picture of me in the Terminal or ship in Seattle on the 13th.  Just as a back up, I'm also doing the eMed test simultaneously with the iHealth.  I purchased the eMed/Abbott long before I found out about the iHealth on the government issued tests.  So, I might as well use them as a back up. 

I just checked and the person I am talking to on the Royal Caribbean Information Facebook page confirmed that she used the Rapid Test & Trace proctoring service and it was fine.  This is what she said:

I did- it was quick and easy, used my phone, got the report while still on the phone (to verify the info was correct) and no question at all at the Port- glanced at it and waved through!

She did use the iHealth test that she received from the government.  I am now waiting on a chat with Rapid Test and Trace to make sure that the test I received from the government can also be used.  It's not the iHealth one.  I received the ones from SD Biosensor in a blue and white box.  I'm pretty sure this should be accepted since it's from the government just like the iHealth one.

2 hours ago, TJ_Shopper said:

I just checked and the person I am talking to on the Royal Caribbean Information Facebook page confirmed that she used the Rapid Test & Trace proctoring service and it was fine.  This is what she said:

I did- it was quick and easy, used my phone, got the report while still on the phone (to verify the info was correct) and no question at all at the Port- glanced at it and waved through!

She did use the iHealth test that she received from the government.  I am now waiting on a chat with Rapid Test and Trace to make sure that the test I received from the government can also be used.  It's not the iHealth one.  I received the ones from SD Biosensor in a blue and white box.  I'm pretty sure this should be accepted since it's from the government just like the iHealth one.

Thanks!  I was hoping for more of that.

3 hours ago, 10-42 said:

Thanks!  I was hoping for more of that.

I also got a response from Rapid Test and Trace regarding the approved test kits we can use.  Here is her response.  I clicked the link and the ones I got from the government for free is on this list.  So, we're all good!

You check the FDA approved devices here:

Regards,
Janine