Covid tests in Italy

We will be sailing out of Civitavecchia.  We are flying into Venice, spending a day there, then taking the train to Rome, spending a day there, then boarding the ship.  We can test on the day in Venice or either day in Rome.  How easy is it to find a test site in these cities?  Do we need to make reservations in advance?  I know that home tests are an option, but my understanding from others who have been to Italy recently is that the internet is not great, so I am concerned about depending upon that.  

Thanks for your help and advice.  

59 minutes ago, Fairlynew said:

We will be sailing out of Civitavecchia.  We are flying into Venice, spending a day there, then taking the train to Rome, spending a day there, then boarding the ship.  We can test on the day in Venice or either day in Rome.  How easy is it to find a test site in these cities?  Do we need to make reservations in advance?  I know that home tests are an option, but my understanding from others who have been to Italy recently is that the internet is not great, so I am concerned about depending upon that.  

Thanks for your help and advice.  

In Italy you can get tested at pharmacies. The website below has a map you can use to source the ones nearest to where you're staying in Rome. 

https://www.salutelazio.it/elenco-farmacie-che-eseguono-tamponi-antigenici-rapidi

You could also contact your hotel and ask them for assistance in sourcing a test. In a worst case scenario, there is also testing at Rome Airport. 

I would double check the testing time line, if I were you, because for departures from Italy, the current requirement is to test no earlier than the day before you embark, so from what you've said in your post, it doesn't sound like testing in Venice is an option.