Must have cocktails with Kraken

TheRick

8 hours ago, RWDW1204 said:

Pina colada with Kraken floater is a good one.

That's a good one too! One of Vision Pool Bar's featured drinks.

It appeared to be a featured drink at every bar on Harmony.  He said the Rising Tide made the best!

7 minutes ago, Pooch said:

Used to be mine too but I found on our last cruise I just don’t like the fruity frozen drinks anymore. 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️  Just too sweet for me.  Think I’m m going back to my old college stand by - bourbon and ginger ale.  So what bourbon should I ask for?

My go-to is Woodford Reserve neat or with a mixer.

On 5/1/2022 at 10:41 PM, smokeybandit said:

Higher alcohol than most spiced rums.

Except in the EU/UK. They make and sell what I call FAKE Kraken, which is only 80 proof here 😞 Yes, it is REAL and authentic but less alcohol by volume. I refuse to buy it here, and always bring back a bottle from the US when I can.

On 5/1/2022 at 8:39 AM, Pooch said:

Used to be mine too but I found on our last cruise I just don’t like the fruity frozen drinks anymore. 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️  Just too sweet for me.  Think I’m m going back to my old college stand by - bourbon and ginger ale.  So what bourbon should I ask for?

Buffalo Trace. Jack and Gentleman Jack are technically Tennessee Whiskey.

Here is a link to the brands that they serve.  I didn't see Woodford.

List from 2021

• 4 weeks later...

My go-to "day drink" is always a Dark and Stormy, which should be Gosling's black seal rum with Gosling's ginger beer but non-Caribbean cruises tend to run out of Gosling's. I have found Kraken is a good alternative.

NOTE: any suggestions I'm the reason the ship is out of Gosling's is a scurrilous rumor. With some truth to it.

• 1 year later...