Aruba Excursions

jake1004

When I was there last, on Brand X Cruise lines a few years before COVID, we took an excursion that included lunch (which was a complete disaster), a trip to the natural bridge(s), an old gold processing plant, lighthouse, well, just about everything but the inner city.  It was informative and the island is actually a dessert island and beautiful.  So, once you get out of the city, residential and other built up areas, don't expect to see much greenery other than Cactus and other dessert flora.  I'd highly recommend a tour like this (lunch may have been a bad day).

The only thing I'd warn you about, many places won't let you use their restrooms unless you pay (I don't remember how much) for the use and some places also have attendants handing you a towel whom expect a tip.  So, have some cash with you.  Especially if you go to the Lighthouse.  

My first visit to Aruba we rented a UTV through Roadrunner and went all over the island at our own pace. https://www.arubaatv.com/

This was before they stopped allowing the UTVs into Arikok National Park, so if you want to do that you'd be better off with renting a car or Jeep.

We also did the Sunset Cruise through Royal since we had the 8a-8p port stop and it was fantastic.

Despite our age, we enjoy the water and a bit of adventure with sight seeing, which is not too strenuous. In the recent visits to Aruba, we have done the following: Snorkel the Treasures of Caracas Bay and UTV Tour, Cave Pool and Black Stone. Both excursions via Royal and both really enjoyable. My wife drove the UTV, and coming from Australia, it was something different driving on the "wrong" side of the road, but heaps of fun.  

Natural Pool Horseback Riding Tour in Aruba From TripAdvisor was awesome! Went with our 21 and 16 yr olds. We all loved it. Afterwards my d and I explored the beach by the Marriott and the guys went back to the ship. We didn't want an entire day on a beach, and this was a little adventurous and let us see Aruba from a more local perspective.