Onboard Credit Question

skings8

Hi, just received email from Royal regarding $75.00 onboard credit remaining on my account. Booking number was the same as for Ovation of the Seas my current cruise but

listed Anthem of the Seas sailing May2. Called customer service and they told me this was a promotional onboard credit and thats why I am not entitled to it on transferred cruise even though booking

is the same. Why did Royal mess up by sending me an email for Anthem for May 2 when my booking shows Ovation May 5th?

1 hour ago, skings8 said:

Hi, just received email from Royal regarding $75.00 onboard credit remaining on my account. Booking number was the same as for Ovation of the Seas my current cruise but

listed Anthem of the Seas sailing May2. Called customer service and they told me this was a promotional onboard credit and thats why I am not entitled to it on transferred cruise even though booking

is the same. Why did Royal mess up by sending me an email for Anthem for May 2 when my booking shows Ovation May 5th?

Check your Cruise Planner. if the OBC shows there, it's available to you (whether you're being told you're entitled to it or not).

I get your concern. IDK why it would ay Anthem if your booking was shifted to Ovation, it's likely "one more glitch" in the infamous IT programming.
As long as your paperwork, app, website shows Ovation you will be recognized as sailing on Ovation.  You can always have your TA confirm or contact Royal direct if you booked via Royal-to give yourself added comfort.  You could even call Air2Seas as a new booking....pretending to get flights, they ask for the reservation # and then THEY tell YOU what the sailing is and the dates of the sailing before they proceed. Air2Sea might be quicker to access-

If you change your booking, you will be booked at the prevailing rates and anything promotional will be lost. If your TA (Or rep) didn't tell you this, they should have. As the loss of OBC could be a factor. If I have OBC I always weigh that against any savings.