Drink package price Increase?????

Pamela b

I am on the Independence July 1.    I went online to prepay my drink package and it has a major price increase.    it states 105.00 PP per day, with a pre-cruise purchase it' 85.00! That is 20.00 PP per day more than the same cruise I just took in March.  Has there been a major increase?  I haven't been able to find a posting about it on RCCL site.  

I am booked on Explorer for the end of this October as with the sale that is going on right now Deluxe with Voom is $90.00/Day. I just paid $85.00/Day last week when I was on Mariner of the Seas. I booked 2 cruises while onboard last week for March and November 2023 and both of those are clocking in at $95.00/Day. I would have to say that Royal has really made a major price increase in the Deluxe packages since the restart.

I am definitely having sticker shock since the restart for prior to COVID I was use to paying between $50-$70/Day. When Royal has its "sales" I have yet to see any price drop on any of my past 3 cruises or my up coming 3 cruises. My preferred drink is White Russians with Gray Goose. These were a cost of $11 plus gratuity which would bring the total up to $13 per a drink on my cruise last week. Doing the math for my upcoming Explorer cruise I would have to drink 7 drinks a day to break even. On a 6 day cruise that is a lot of drinking especially since 3 of those days are port days. If the prices continue to go up I will have to give up drinking for drinking to get my moneys worth will turn out to be a burnout in drinking. I would be drinking to just be drinking and not really enjoying myself.

The trouble I'm having is they seem to be only doing this by one get one 50% package lately. My wife can't drink, so I always have to call and purchase DBP for me and the refreshment package for her. This process makes it a bother to "reprice" the DBP. With the 50% deal it's difficult to figure out what the single prices would be. It also means a single purchaser isn't getting any deal at all.

18 minutes ago, KevinJ said:

With the 50% deal it's difficult to figure out what the single prices would be. It also means a single purchaser isn't getting any deal at all.

When purchasing in advance the price shown online is always going to be the discounted price.

Solo sailing I have booked

image.png.e7a291fcd5e7075ff12f084cd8cfb5a5.png

Different sailing with the old style cruise planner.

image.png.583b3c7e5365b624d98874bb48ddfa35.png

image.png.bea9fbc35ef6e4ce63632c57cd593324.png