Private Photo Session

My husband and I will be sailing on the Ovation of the Seas to Alaska with my son and his family in a separate cabin.  I'm trying to schedule a private photo session for my family.  Anyone know how much that might be?  They say I can't pre-book the private session shown in the Cruise Planner because it applies only to those in the same cabin.  I'm hoping it's not too expensive onboard.  If you've done this, I would appreciate your feedback.  Thank you!

@Barbara J when you are selecting people in the cruise planner you are selecting the session to be purchased in that particular name. So if you select 2 people you're booking 2 sessions. You do not need to select everyone in a large family to book a single photo session. Just select your name alone and purchase it. Once onboard you visit the photo shop to schedule the actual session.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/30/2022 at 7:16 AM, AshleyDillo said:

@Barbara J when you are selecting people in the cruise planner you are selecting the session to be purchased in that particular name. So if you select 2 people you're booking 2 sessions. You do not need to select everyone in a large family to book a single photo session. Just select your name alone and purchase it. Once onboard you visit the photo shop to schedule the actual session.

Unfortunately, that was not the information I was given from Royal Caribbean Customer Service.  They insisted that it was a per person rate, and that if I wanted 4 people in the session, I had to add each person individually, quadrupling the price.  Needless to say, I cancelled the session.  I assumed that the word "session," meant I booked a photographer's hour regardless of how many people were posing, which I believe is what you're saying.  Oh well.  Thank you very much for the info.

I don't know anything about the private photo sessions but I do know we did large group photos with the photographers set up around the ship.  They ask for cabin #'s, be sure to give them all cabin #'s so everyone will get the photos in the kiosk (the kiosk is set up to scan your seapass card and you buy what is linked to your seapass card).
You can take as many photos as you like, at as many photo locations as you want as well.  I've watched the photographer do the whole group, then couples, then couples with their kids, then Gramma with her own kids etc.....It can be done without appointments, you just need to know where the photographers are set up, I would imagine you can inquire at the photography space onboard to find out about public photos.

I booked the fee for the session on ship at a good price.  I have noticed they do offer discounts sometimes onboard.   The fee is for the session, not how many people are in it.  At least that is what I experienced.  Then there are several options available to purchase pictures.  How many, digital, prints, etc. 

On 5/14/2022 at 3:54 PM, Barbara J said:

Unfortunately, that was not the information I was given from Royal Caribbean Customer Service.  They insisted that it was a per person rate, and that if I wanted 4 people in the session, I had to add each person individually, quadrupling the price.  Needless to say, I cancelled the session.  I assumed that the word "session," meant I booked a photographer's hour regardless of how many people were posing, which I believe is what you're saying.  Oh well.  Thank you very much for the info.

You're welcome. If you haven't sailed and are interested in the photo session still and it is available online at a price you're willing to be, I would say book it. If they try to insist onboard that it's only for one person, then you can ask for a refund at Guest Services. I'm pretty sure as others have mentioned in this thread, that it's a charge per session. I've seen full multi-generational families book these and take tons of photos with different groupings for one session fee. 

41 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

You're welcome. If you haven't sailed and are interested in the photo session still and it is available online at a price you're willing to be, I would say book it. If they try to insist onboard that it's only for one person, then you can ask for a refund at Guest Services. I'm pretty sure as others have mentioned in this thread, that it's a charge per session. I've seen full multi-generational families book these and take tons of photos with different groupings for one session fee. 

Thanks you!  I will book it again.  One way or another, I'm going to get those photos!  They are long overdue!  Enjoy your next cruise, whenever that may be.

• 5 months later...