Rome hotel room for family of 4?

Hi!  We will be doing a Med Cruise at the end of June round trip from Rome, Italy.  On the return, we will stay one night in Rome but, being Europe,  I'm struggling to find a hotel which has capacity for 4 people. It will be 2 adults, and 2 kids age 13 & 15.  I would love to find a room with 2 Queen beds, but it's so hard to find in Europe!  We only have the 1 night so would like to be in the city center near tourist sites like Colosseum, Trevi fountain, etc.  So, any idea for a hotel that will allow 4 person occupancy? 

Thank you so much!

1 hour ago, SunnyDays said:

I'm struggling to find a hotel which has capacity for 4 people. It will be 2 adults, and 2 kids age 13 & 15.  I would love to find a room with 2 Queen beds, but it's so hard to find in Europe!  

Yeah it is a struggle as us Europeans usually go away for 2 weeks holiday and leave the kids at home alone with 14 pot noodles and a spare set of batteries for the tv remote to see them through the fortnight lol 

Trivago website has access to all booking sites, just set filters to Family friendly and you will find lots of accommodation that caters for your needs.

https://www.gruppouna.it/unahotels/unahotels-deco-roma

link above is one i found but as mentioned there are lots. 

Btw 1st part was a joke! We dont leave them spare batteries 🤣🤣🤣

In 2015 I stayed at Hotel Abruzzi (found the name in my old email)  It IS expensive and they do have rooms that accommodate 4.  
It was steps from the Pantheon, convenient to a lot, we spent 2 nights prior to going on our cruise.  (at the end of our cruise we stayed closer to the Vatican)
We had booked with a tour company that did Golf Cart Tours (needed it do to my moms limited mobility)  Mybesttour.com was the company -not sure if they are still around
It was their "hottest July on record" so I was personally thrilled to be driven about.  Mom's wheelchair would not have been pushable on most of the cobblestone streets. 

BTW the above was my first trip to Rome.  We squeezed a lot in in that short time.  Every area is delineated as "Rome"....if you are familiar with NYC  and picked a hotel in NYC because it is "NYC" you know that can put your at the furthest point north away from anything you wanted to walk to .  Wherever you are looking to stay try and utilize a zip code for the area you want to be in. Otherwise you will find you need transportation because you could end up in Rome with nothing walkable.

Welcome to the boards! Rooms for 4 is definitely a struggle in Rome. We found some "quads" in a few hostel-style places -- rooms with 4 twin beds -- so that might be an option. Otherwise we just booked two rooms and asked for them to be next to each other.

Hope that helps!

2 hours ago, Ray said:

Yeah it is a struggle as us Europeans usually go away for 2 weeks holiday and leave the kids at home alone

I did a UK trip and I was astounded with the options. It was super hard to find accommodations for 4...but I found getting 2 rooms just as affordable..hello Premier Inn.  Of course this was four adults traveling so we weren't concerned with having to all be in the same room, but it does make it easier to find and more affordable to split up into 2 sets of 2.  They also don't do a lot of king sized beds over there across the Atlantic.

We are staying pre-cruise at the Hotel Lancelot in Rome next week. It's a 5 minute walk to the Colosseum and they have quadruple rooms with a double bed and 2 singles. Note that we haven't stayed there before so can't yet give any sort of recommendation but they have been helpful and responsive. If you want to have a look here's the link: https://www.lancelothotel.com/quadruple-room/

I agree, hard to find a room for four. I just checked the hotel where I stayed a few years ago — Hotel Residenza in Farnese —and the largest room is a triple. I would echo others’ advice to get 2 double rooms or an apartment. I noticed booking.com had a couple apartments in the area near that hotel. I would recommend the hotel itself if you like old world charm and are willing to accept a less comfortable bed for it.

For me, it is nicer to stay near the Piazza Navona/Pantheon area, rather than near the Colosseum or Roma Termini. I really loved the location of the hotel mentioned above because it felt very safe, was very quiet at night, yet was super close to the Piazza Navona and other nice places to explore. We also were able to walk to the Vatican and to the Trevi fountain from there, but they would probably be a little too far if it was really hot. 

On 4/29/2022 at 6:21 PM, FionaMG said:

We are staying pre-cruise at the Hotel Lancelot in Rome next week. It's a 5 minute walk to the Colosseum and they have quadruple rooms with a double bed and 2 singles. Note that we haven't stayed there before so can't yet give any sort of recommendation but they have been helpful and responsive. If you want to have a look here's the link: https://www.lancelothotel.com/quadruple-room/

Looks wonderful but it is not available our dates.  Thank you for the info. 

On 4/29/2022 at 2:56 PM, KristiZ said:

Welcome to the boards! Rooms for 4 is definitely a struggle in Rome. We found some "quads" in a few hostel-style places -- rooms with 4 twin beds -- so that might be an option. Otherwise we just booked two rooms and asked for them to be next to each other.

Hope that helps!

yes, thank you.  I think we are going to have to book 2 rooms... 

On 4/29/2022 at 11:11 AM, Kelly5094 said:

We'll be staying at the Inn at the Spanish Steps prior to our May 16 sailing; we are staying in one of their apartments which should accommodate 4 (we have 3). 

Ha! This was going to be my recommendation as well!!! If you have the chance, have dinner at Babettes Feast, which is walking distance on Via Margutta. They have a lovely courtyard. Enjoy!!!!