Tested positive for COVID and Need to Test in Two Weeks For Our Cruise

On 4/29/2022 at 9:48 AM, CruisingNewb said:

Getting a Certificate of Recovery may be difficult at this point.  If the cruise is 14 days out and the certificate must show recovery at least 11 days prior to sailing, there is no way to know if you will recover in the tight 72 hour window.  That is assuming that you can get to your doctor on the 11th day and get a proper letter signed that day.

Don't panic though.  Test again at home in a few days.  Then test again a few days later.  Stay at home for these next 2 weeks.  

Worst case scenario and you can't get cleared to board, get your refund and book a new cruise ASAP.

@Kirsten There are telehealth/online options for a Certificate of Recovery. They cost $60-75, but do offer 24 hour turnaround time.

My wife and son both tested positive this week (I've been testing daily and remain negative), and we sail at the end of the month. We plan to do all the pre-cruise testing, but will also get Certificates of Recovery (my son is 3.5, so maybe it'll save him from needing the antigen test at the pier).

5 hours ago, CrznTxn said:

Congratulations! We received our negative results results this morning and will be on our way Sunday to the sunny Caribbean.

Congrats to you as well!  Which ship are you going on?