Getting boarding time without passport info

MrDan

Hello! Our check in starts today, and I thought I had heard you could temporarily skip entering all the passport and other info and go straight to getting your boarding time. Either I can't do that, or it's not obvious how to. We have ten people in our traveling party and it would take me a while to gather all their passport info. Thoughts?

I was able to do this for my last cruise. I forget the details of what I put in, but I was able to enter partial data, get my boarding time and then over the next few days gathered the rest of the information that I needed and put it in as I got it. Maybe they have since closed this loophole, because that was February. 

Follow up - 

I did finally see a small link that said "missing some info? finish check-in later" and I clicked that for all guests - But then I got a page that said "we're not quite ready for you. check back closer to your cruise."

I definitely plan to eventually enter all the info eventually - just wanted to get our boarding time ASAP.

By the way, it's our first Royal Caribbean cruise.

I was using the website and switched to the app. I have names, birthdates and home addresses entered for all ten of us so far. I click "arrival time" on the app and it just says "Not quite ready for you. Check back closer to your cruise to select an arrival time and complete check in."

Is it common that they open up the check in process on one day for entering information, and then on a later day to pick your arrival time?

rc-screenshot

42 minutes ago, MrDan said:

I was using the website and switched to the app. I have names, birthdates and home addresses entered for all ten of us so far. I click "arrival time" on the app and it just says "Not quite ready for you. Check back closer to your cruise to select an arrival time and complete check in."

Is it common that they open up the check in process on one day for entering information, and then on a later day to pick your arrival time?

rc-screenshot 108.04 kB · 1 download

That is strange.  How many days out are you?

i'll be sailing on symphony on may 28th

online check in opened at exactly 12am est 45 days out except for arrival time.
it did not open until 36 days out at 9pm est

no rhyme or reason, if you're like myself & want to ensure an early arrival time you're going to have to just keep constantly checking the app a couple times a day. in the meantime, like Matt mentioned, take this time to get your party's information so you won't have that stress to deal with later on.

30 minutes ago, luiiismdo said:

i'll be sailing on symphony on may 28th

online check in opened at exactly 12am est 45 days out except for arrival time.
it did not open until 36 days out at 9pm est

no rhyme or reason, if you're like myself & want to ensure an early arrival time you're going to have to just keep constantly checking the app a couple times a day. in the meantime, like Matt mentioned, take this time to get your party's information so you won't have that stress to deal with later on.

Thanks - that's sort of comforting to know I'm not the only one who didn't get an arrival time option at 45 days. I'll keep checking every now and then.

I was definitely planning on entering everybody's info before we leave - I was just under the impression I should try to get that arrival time ASAP after check in opened up and that people were usually able to do that.

I can't seem to open the screenshot.  If you click on the person at the top of your Royal app on the homepage (next to the calendar) it should show what date check in opens.
The only other thought I have is to have another person, not on your reservation try?  I know I had an issue on my app for something (not related to check in) and my SIL could do the operation but I could not.  The app acts up sometimes. 
It could also be that the app needs the travel info.....I can do a bypass by just selecting "naturalization papers" and then moving on to arrival time.  I can go back later and add the pertinent info.

Sounds like you may have to wait, but when I registered a couple of weeks ago I was still waiting on my passport renewal, so I entered bogus (but believable?) information for the entire travel info section, and then I was able to choose and arrival time for myself and my traveling companion, and at that point I didn't have to enter any passport information for him.

On 4/29/2022 at 10:42 AM, MrDan said:

45 days out. Depart June 13 on Freedom out of Miami. First cruise with Royal Caribbean. I also tried logging out of the app and logging back in.

We are also on that cruise and have the same message for our check in time.

On 4/29/2022 at 8:20 AM, MrDan said:

Follow up - 

I did finally see a small link that said "missing some info? finish check-in later" and I clicked that for all guests - But then I got a page that said "we're not quite ready for you. check back closer to your cruise."

I definitely plan to eventually enter all the info eventually - just wanted to get our boarding time ASAP.

By the way, it's our first Royal Caribbean cruise.

Are you 45 or 30 days out? I've noticed some folks can start loading things at 45 days, like me, but can't do the check in boarding until 30 days (hoping that's me) but it did give me the chance to upload EVERYTHING in there so all I have to do is select my boarding time on day 30.