MIami Hotel - Airport/Blue Lagoon

We're looking for a hotel for the night prior to our March cruise.  We really like the Brickell area but hotels are going for $500-600 for one night!  That's insane!

Even airport hotels are very pricey.  I guess everyone is trying to make up for losses during the pandemic.

Our flight arrives late morning so we will have most of the day.  We currently have Candlewood Suites Miami Airport on 36th booked.  The hotel iteself gets very good reviews.  Does anyone know this area?  There are food options but doesn't seem like much else.

Another option is to book Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon.  It's about $120 more but seems to have more around it.

Any thoughts of either hotel or area?

I'd say if you're looking at hotels for March 2023, it's too far out for most promotions to really have any effect. 

Personally, I wouldn't bother checking hotel prices until maybe 6 months out.

Also, don't overlook airbnb or vrbo as options.

If you're really strapped for cash, look for hotels further away from Miami. Usually cheaper prices in places like Boca Raton or anywhere else north of Fort Lauderdale.

59 minutes ago, WannaCruise said:

Thanks.  That's what I'm thinking...it would be nice to be near pharmacies and the Publix as per your comments.

You can’t get closer to a Publix (see the pic). Brickell is fabulous for dining, terrible for most other needs (in our opinion). Both Hampton Inns were very nice (as to the staff and facilities). 👍🏼 Because of flight issues when we flew in last week, we got to the hotel later than expected and we didn’t really get to scope out the dining options around. But we will be back there in August and I will definitely be researching that issue before that point

Edit - I just checked, there is a “First Watch” restaurant in the Publix shopping center - love that place for breakfast and brunch, but I don’t think any of those are open for dinner 😞 But there is a gourmet salad restaurant, a Cuban restaurant, and Domino’s Pizza in that same shopping center across from the hotel (plus the Publix deli). Should you need them, there is also a laundry service, a nail salon, an office supply store, and a liquor store there as well 😂). There is McDonald’s and a small Italian restaurant that we saw that were very close to the pharmacies the next block over (Amor di Pasta, seems to have high ratings). 

2197942B-1F74-4CE3-8268-1B29D3FF9DBA.jpeg