Palmera Vacation Club - Legit?

Floski

I got a letter in the mail today saying "You have been identified to receive a fabulous 7 night cruise for 2 adults aboard Norwegian Cruise Lines"

Go on....

You must contact our Cruise Promotion Hotline to schedule pickup of your documents.  

It all looks legit, what with the NCL logo and everything.   I look at the small print on the back and it is run by this Palmera Vacation Club, and you must participate in their 90 minute presentation, presumably in Hilton Head where their office is.  Any taxes, upgrades, yaddayadda will be paid by the guest.

Have any of y'all had any interactions with this company??

Thanks, and I'll hang up and listen...

Of course, I'd rather go on RCCL....

I got a letter in the mail today saying "You have been identified to receive a fabulous 7 night cruise for 2 adults aboard Norwegian Cruise Lines"

Go on....

You must contact our Cruise Promotion Hotline to schedule pickup of your documents.

It all looks legit, what with the NCL logo and everything. I look at the small print on the back and it is run by this Palmera Vacation Club, and you must participate in their 90 minute presentation, presumably in Hilton Head where their office is. Any taxes, upgrades, yaddayadda will be paid by the guest.

Have any of y'all had any interactions with this company??

Thanks, and I'll hang up and listen...

Of course, I'd rather go on RCCL....

I've received things like this in the mail and they always end up in the trash. Have you tried to Google the promotion? Add "scam" or "rip off" and see what comes up.

I think the big "catch" here is being forced to sit through a big sales pitch and sit down and have someone try and sell you a really nice sounding timeshare. 

I have a coworker who used to do this and IIRC, he'd go in with his set intention of not paying a dime and just get his free Carnival cruise. It's a pain in the butt, but free cruise. 

That said - I have absolutely no idea about this company and no desire to find out. 

to sit through 90 mins of BS to get a  "free cruise"..sign me up!....I have no issues say no, esepically to pushy people.

I have sat through one of those before for much less value than a free cruise!...lol

Anytime they want to send me an offer.....feel free.

That being said, I would rather it be Royal than NCL>...

I have done this exactly once.  It was not for a cruise, but for a free weekend in Vegas - which was really awesome, BTW.

The best way to handle this (and any pushy sales person) is to tell them before they even have a chance to open their mouth, "I'm not buying anything".  They will probably just rush through the presentation and let you go on your merry way.