At home test vs. CVS/Walgreens

On 5/10/2022 at 9:40 AM, OrlandoDad said:

I have a question about the Walgreens 'method'.  We will be scheduling 4 tests.  So will we all need a Walgreens account to get the results?  Can I use my e-mail for wife and children, or do they need separate e-mail addresses on the account?  Then, after the results, I can print something out to hold in my hand and carry through the terminal, right?  I don't mind using phone for check in information, I've done it before, but the vaccine stuff has me stressed so I will definitely want hard copies.

I don't recall that I needed an "account" at Walgreens, but my wife and I each scheduled separately. I think you need a unique email address for each person so they can email the results of each test. I'm not going to swear to anything, but that's my understanding. We arranged for consecutive times and they did us both together. You may very well be able to use a common email address, don't know for certain. 

One thing doesn't make sense to me about the at home testing.   We are four people testing.   Wouldn't we have to get four two-test boxes?  I wouldn't think we could share a box.   Don't they need to see each person open it?  If we counted on sharing a box, it would seem that we would fail the test since some of wouldn't have a fresh box to open.

Does that make sense?

11 minutes ago, burbuja0512 said:

One thing doesn't make sense to me about the at home testing.   We are four people testing.   Wouldn't we have to get four two-test boxes?  I wouldn't think we could share a box.   Don't they need to see each person open it?  If we counted on sharing a box, it would seem that we would fail the test since some of wouldn't have a fresh box to open.

Does that make sense?

The two-test boxes are just 2-packs of tests, not a box with two tests. You open the outside packaging and inside are two separate test boxes.

Hope that helpts!

10 minutes ago, KristiZ said:

The two-test boxes are just 2-packs of tests, not a box with two tests. You open the outside packaging and inside are two separate test boxes.

Hope that helpts!

YES that helps and saves me lots of money.  Had I not known, I would have ordered us all 2-packs.   Now I can plan better.  I still may order an extra "just in case," but won't order an extra for each person,   Thanks

On 5/12/2022 at 11:46 AM, burbuja0512 said:

Does that make sense?

It might be cheaper to order via emed.com.  YOu should have extra test kits on hand in case something goes wrong during testing.  I've read of people opening their test kits and the liquid was empty or the swabs were missing.  There is also a Youtube video of a guy demonstrating the test when he drops it and it is voided .  Other things that cn void the test:  opening it prior to instruction by the proctor, touching the wrong part, dropping wifi connection.
Emed.com the kits are 6 for $150 plus tax and shipping.  It might ask for 3 names of testing recipients, but it can be used by anyone.  I've done this, no issues.
Also, test kits may be subject to some reimbursement from your healthcare plan, something to look into.

Is this the correct test? It looks a little different than some pictures I’ve seen.

Just getting anxious about this process.

Do you think it’s easier using the Navica app on my phone or emed on our computer or iPad? There will be 3 of us testing.

Thank you.

0B5D566A-9542-4416-9F18-318AD9449763.thumb.jpeg.86e0388df74d3fcc59979643d2d9ee28.jpeg

5 hours ago, Mich said:

Is this the correct test? It looks a little different than some pictures I’ve seen.

Just getting anxious about this process.

Do you think it’s easier using the Navica app on my phone or emed on our computer or iPad? There will be 3 of us testing.

Thank you.

0B5D566A-9542-4416-9F18-318AD9449763.thumb.jpeg.86e0388df74d3fcc59979643d2d9ee28.jpeg

I’ve used my laptop.  Be sure to have it set back on the table so you have enough table space to work on

16 hours ago, Mich said:

Do you think it’s easier using the Navica app on my phone or emed on our computer or iPad?

I think it's easier to use our ipad. That way, you can prop it up and see it easier, especially when you need to show them things like your ID or the bar code on the box.

You just need a book or something to prop it up against.

• 4 weeks later...

Can anyone share what information is contained in the negative Covid test results paperwork that RCCL will accept during the embarkation process? I’ve taken a PCR test both at CVS and Walgreens and the one for Walgreens had the lab information with the CLIA# on the document but the one from CVS had the basic information of the results, location of testing, date, time of testing, my information and the type of test. Wondering what will pass as an acceptable form of documentation. Thanks!

Either will work.  if you have access to the app it spells out what it wants.  ClIA# or a certification # by the company.  The pier people will not look for that. (or they haven't when I've done numerous sailings since August)....they are looking to see  your name, date of test, results I circle all of that and my DOB.....makes it easier to see.  My girlfriends lab had a 2 sided piece of paper for results, quite interesting.....again, I had her circle all the pertinent pieces and the pier check in person was very happy with that.  BTW, it does not need to be printed, a screen shot of your test result is fine.

Thank you for responding. We are a party of five going to Alaska in July and both my results came back looking different, which concerned me. It’s been a while since I’ve gone cruising and with all these new procedures it’s often time confusing and would hate to be rejected at check-in and can’t cruise. My area has limited antigen testing sites at both CVS and Walgreens. You have to drive a bit to get to a location that does the antigen, fortunately the PCRs I’ve taken have come back within a day, but I hear this is a hit and miss at some locations.