Best rates for a cruise - Travel Agent or Next Cruise while on a cruise or ???

Depends, sometimes Next Cruise has a good deal, sometimes a TA can find it and add some OBC on the side, sometimes the price on line is the best.  It varies from cruise to cruise and sale to sale.  A GOOD TA will book for you AND watch for price adjustments.  You can also transfer a Next Cruise booking to a TA within 30 days of booking and perhaps get the best of both worlds.

I prefer to book with my agent (SHARLA!!) but I have been known to spend time and money at those next cruise desks. It depends on the trip. On the ship you can see ALL the rooms available on a deck, which is nice when looking for two rooms. Also if I book it on the ship, it can still be handled by Sharla. I like the fliers at the next cruise desk that have one ship's entire itinerary for the next year or two, or one port and all the ship's schedules. 

55 minutes ago, BrosephB said:

Hi! I’m still new to cruising and I was wondering where people find the best prices for their cruises. Do you generally go through travel agents or does the Next Cruise have the best prices? Or are there other options?

There are multiple reasons to use a TA - at least to manage your cruise.  It does not cost anything and can be a major timesaver, especially if anything goes wrong with your booking.

I use MEI Travel.  They are sponsors here and many here use them with great results.  You can use the "get a free quote" feature on the main page of this website or contact them directly at https://mei-travel.com/