xSAILEDx Grandeur of the Seas - Nov 4, 2022 (9 Night Southern Caribbean)

Booked this one on a whim really.  First time on Grandeur.  Oldest and smallest ship we have been on before this was Adventure in Dec of 21.  Also first time in a JS because it was only a tiny bit more than a balcony and will put us into to Platinum with the double points.  Not much but it's something.

Looking forward to this all new ports for us as well.  We have only cruised out of Galveston prior.  We fulltime RV now and this will be the start of our Winter in FL.

Who else is going?

• 2 months later...

I am going!!! I chose this cruise mostly for the itinerary. There are some amazing places i want to explore at these ports. I have cruised Royal before on Enchantment and Navigator. I believe this is one of the smallest ships in the fleet but i do not mind! You get a chance to interact with the other guest and crew more.  This vacation is all about relaxing, rest, and getting back to cruising! Enjoy😃😃

• 2 months later...

Going on this cruise. Picked it for the itinerary. I was on Grandeur on its' initial sailing from Galveston earlier this year. Yeah it's a smaller ship with no water slides, flowrider, zip lines or whatever but that's not what I look for in a cruise anyway. The crew was great, and there were areas in the Centrum where one could sit, relax, and watch the world go by in peace. I thought the food was okay, but not exceptional. However, I was recently on Mariner and I thought the same thing. It seems to me that RCCL has allowed the food quality/variety in the MDR and WJ to decline a little, perhaps to encourage more folks to pay extra for specialty dining. Maybe I'm wrong but that's my impression Still, I'm looking forward to the trip! 

• 5 weeks later...

Just got this.  I wonder why she will be late? We already rebooked our arrive time.

ABOUT YOUR UPCOMING TRAVELS

Dear Guest,

We’re counting down the days until our November 4, 2022 Grandeur of the Seas sailing. Before you make your way to the cruise terminal, we have a quick update to share with you.

Boarding for your sailing will begin later than originally expected and as a result, your current arrival window is no longer available. We’re sorry for any inconvenience caused by this. We kindly ask that you select a new arrival time on the Royal Caribbean app or here.  On boarding day, plan to arrive to the terminal after 3:30 PM. Arriving earlier may have you turned away until your new arrival time.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. We look forward to welcoming you onboard soon!

Sincerely,

Royal Caribbean International

Indeed, I received the same notification this afternoon. I immediately booked a 3:30PM slot, but have no clue as to what is causing the change. We're flying in the day before, so I guess we'll just hang around the hotel lobby until the afternoon. We booked a hotel that provides a shuttle service to the port, hopefully they'll run it that late. 

• SpeedNoodles changed the title to xSAILEDx Grandeur of the Seas - Nov 4, 2022 (9 Night Southern Caribbean)