Hotels near Port of Miami

kc2go

Hello to everyone out there.

I am trying to find out from other Royal Caribbean members what hotel in the Miami area is best for booking an overnight stay at, prior to our sail date?

Looking for hotels in the 200 to 300 dollar area.

But would take anyone's advice based on good and bad experiences so this question would pertain to hotel to stay and or NOT STAY at.

Would love some advice for a newbie.

Thanks

I am a huge fan of the Intercontinental Miami but I have a NYE sailing this December where the Intercontinental cannot be booked for one night only.  I am going to give Atwell Suites a try. It's located in the Brickell area and it's brand new.  Price is decent, rooms look modern and huge, and within walking distance to lots of shops and restaurants. I think they have complimentary breakfast too

4 hours ago, Matt said:

Intercontinental Miami isnt cheap, but great choice.

I know @JennaRCB just stayed at Holiday Inn Express Miami Airport East and liked it: https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2022/04/25/oasis-of-the-seas-live-blog-day-1-embarkation

I stayed there in November.  The location is great as it is directly across from the Bayside Marketplace.  I was not totally impressed with the hotel itself though.  Our room was very dated and the bathroom so tiny and old.  Bed was comfortable though.  Not sure I would choose to stay there again.  

Two weeks ago we tried a new hotel - Hampton Inn & Suites Miami-Airport South-Blue Lagoon. We had been at the one at Brickell in November and while it was also very nice and was close to good restaurants, it was quite a distance from any grocery stores or other shopping options (e.g., drug stores). The Blue Lagoon location is across the street from a Publix (and a Marshalls) and a short block from 2 large pharmacies.

There is a free breakfast, an extremely friendly staff, nice and clean rooms, and a $10 trip to the port (and a free trip from the airport to the hotel). A great bonus was the transport service to the port can pick you up from the port to the airport (for that same $10!). During the summer the rooms are between 260-300, it may be at the higher end in the winter.