Testing just after midnight?

Hello! I know there’s a multitude of testing questions posted here so please bear with me. I’m sailing out of port Canaveral on a Sunday, I’m flying into Orlando Friday morning. Our flight leaves at 5 AM. I want to have my negative test in hand before the flight. I ordered the at home tests from Royal. Had anyone had any issues testing at 1-2 AM? Does it matter what time you take the test? Also - was there a wait for a “Proctor”? I would think there would be less workers staffed at that time of day. 

31 minutes ago, spursfreak21 said:

Hello! I know there’s a multitude of testing questions posted here so please bear with me. I’m sailing out of port Canaveral on a Sunday, I’m flying into Orlando Friday morning. Our flight leaves at 5 AM. I want to have my negative test in hand before the flight. I ordered the at home tests from Royal. Had anyone had any issues testing at 1-2 AM? Does it matter what time you take the test? Also - was there a wait for a “Proctor”? I would think there would be less workers staffed at that time of day. 

I don't think this is an issue if you live in Texas, Central Time Zone or maybe Mountain time if you are in extreme Western Texas, I think.  But, to be sure, I'd take the test after Midnight Central Time or Mountain Time, which would be well after midnight Eastern Time.  Just to be safe. That shouldn't be a problem, though.  And I do think that is what you are planning on.

We just did our tests this morning at 7am and we leave Saturday. It was a very easy process. Give yourself about 25 minutes per person if using one device. If you have multiple devices do them at the same time. There was no wait for a proctor but the one tip I will add is that after the 15 minutes is up you will hear a chime and you have to hit the “I am ready” button for the proctor to come back to check the results. That button was not on our screen without having to scroll down a bit and we were afraid to touch the phone so we let it ring for about ten minutes before checking we decided to scroll down. Plus they never told us to hit a button as They said they would just come back after 15. Worked out in the end so no harm no foul. 

We tested in the wee hours of the morning (around 3-4 am) with no problems. Took just a minute or two for the proctor, about 5 minutes to confirm ID and test kit, about 5 minutes to test, 15 minutes to wait and a few minutes for the proctor to confirm negative and explain your results.

9 hours ago, spursfreak21 said:

We took our tests today, at 12:15am sharp!! There was no issues and the proctor came right on, no delay, no issues. As @Ampurp85said, all we were concerned with was that the date said Apr 28 as we sail on Apr 30.

2 hours ago, spursfreak21 said:

Thanks everyone! Sounds like my plan will work and we will test early in the AM before heading to the airport!

I hope you have an extra test on hand.  Someone on my Sunday Facebook sailing reported that they did their test no problem, but when they opened their husbands it had no drops.  She is now scrambling to figure out testing.....she at least has 2 days.  You would also likely be able to find testing at the airport (not sure of the one you are departing from but likely the one yuo are going to )