My Time Dinning Suggestions

What are the suggestions as far as picking a dinning time we have My Time Dinning and it’s open to pick our times for each night but they have not posted the nightly entertainment yet so we don’t want to plan a dinner time and miss a show, on previous cruises we only had early/late dinning while one group eats the other group is at the show and vice versa bet that tells you how long ago I was on a cruise 😉 

They still have traditional dining its either 5:30 or 8/8:30. Most shows will be either 7, 8, 9 or 10pm. First showing is always around 7pm, that will be for the people who took a 5ish early dining time. Depending on the type of entertainment, the next show could be 8:30 or 9:15, which would allow those with a 7ish dining time to partake. I usually do 8/8:15 so I can go to the 9 or 10pm shows. 

On 4/28/2022 at 10:56 AM, melmar02 said:

We don't make reservations when we have MTD. We just show up when we want. The most we have had to wait was 5 minutes. 

You're very lucky!  Our last cruise on Symphony (pre pandemic) we had 7:30 MTD reservations and was told it would still be a 30 minute wait.  We complained as we had reservations but were told not much could be done.  The line for tables was long.

9 hours ago, Jayhoaps said:

Can you do booking for dining in the MDR on the app? or do you do it at the dining room?

MDR dining will automatically be booked at the early 5:30 or the late 8:00 because it is traditional dining. MTD can be booked for anytime available on the app or on the ship. 

1 hour ago, Pooch said:

It’s in the Cruise Planner on the website.

When I use the Cruise Planner to book MTD, it only permits a single reservation (e.g., the first night or the nth night but not all nights of the cruise).  We had to switch to the App to get the rest of the nights booked, and by then the good times were unavailable.

Yes, you should be able to book every evening for My Time dining through the Cruise Planner. Only issue is the offered time slots currently start at 6:45 PM on most sailings. We booked the 6:45 PM slot for our JAN 2023 sailing the moment dining opened up this week, but later in the week decided to call Royal and switch to early traditional dining at 5:30 PM which thankfully was still available.

Even with My Time we generally like to book the same time on most days which allows us to request the same server team and table for at least those evenings.

3 hours ago, Pooch said:

I had to do each night separately but it let me do all 7 nights.  Of course I also do it as soon as I book.  Opens for reservations pretty early. I booked on 7/27/21 for our 10/29/22 cruise.

Thanks, I was just able to do this by exiting checkout and then re-entering with a new reservation.  I actually logged out of CP, got to the main page of cruises, then reentered CP.   

3 hours ago, Farkles said:

I am a little confused with my time dining, our reservation is listed as open dinning do I still need to request times at My Time Dining ? Also can I switch now to the 5:30 dining ? 

You don't have to make reservations. My Time Dining is just like a restaurant on land..you can make reservations or walk up when you want to eat. There may be a wait based on availability. If you want to switch to the early set dining time you need to call whoever you booked the cruise with and ask if they can switch you. Otherwise you can ask once onboard if they have space.

• 1 month later...
On 5/7/2022 at 11:55 AM, JohnK6404 said:

Yes, you should be able to book every evening for My Time dining through the Cruise Planner. Only issue is the offered time slots currently start at 6:45 PM on most sailings. We booked the 6:45 PM slot for our JAN 2023 sailing the moment dining opened up this week, but later in the week decided to call Royal and switch to early traditional dining at 5:30 PM which thankfully was still available.

Even with My Time we generally like to book the same time on most days which allows us to request the same server team and table for at least those evenings.

We've always done traditional early, but 5:15 is just too early 🙄 so just today I called and switched all of our future bookings to MyTime.  (FYI, the wait is under 5 minutes this evening!!!  Shortest wait I've had in ages!)  Anyway... the person I spoke to said we can't choose a time now, but have to visit the restaurant as soon as we get on the ship and make reservations then.  This didn't seem right, based on what others are saying in this thread, that you can make specific reservations online. So, I visited the Cruise Planner and sure enough I was able to select a time!  It appears that you only select a time for the first night, and all other nights will be the same, is that correct?