I can guess the answer....but I'll ask anyway....tier changes mid cruise.

We (Me, Wife, Kid 1, Kid 2) are all 172 points.  We are sailing in Alaska in August, in a suite, with the double/double...so we get 4 points per night.

Will we magically get D+ 5 vouchers per day on the second day or be stuck with the peasant level 4 vouchers per day the whole cruise.  (yes, there is humor with this question)  😉

9 minutes ago, dodgestang said:

We (Me, Wife, Kid 1, Kid 2) are all 172 points.  We are sailing in Alaska in August, in a suite, with the double/double...so we get 4 points per night.

Will we magically get D+ 5 vouchers per day on the second day or be stuck with the peasant level 4 vouchers per day the whole cruise.  (yes, there is humor with this question)  😉

As I've been told that you don't get the next level until the next cruise you take.  Kinda sucks.  On brand X you get them on the cruise you earn it in.  But, brand X's system isn't as good as Royal's is, though.  So, I'm happy with Royal's system.  But, I'd be even happier if they made the change to awarding status on the cruise you earned it in.  

11 minutes ago, Peter D said:

Sounds like you need to do a 3-day cruise to nowhere before August. 😀

You could always ask the Diamond Concierge or the Loyalty Ambassador while onboard.  You never know.

I keep telling the wife....."We have this free junior suite cert we can use it and leave the kids at home"......then she starts talking about work and PTO....and I"m like "we can buy the internet package" 😉

10 minutes ago, dodgestang said:

I keep telling the wife....."We have this free junior suite cert we can use it and leave the kids at home"......then she starts talking about work and PTO....and I"m like "we can buy the internet package" 😉

Can you do solo? Then they'll all get to piggyback on your D+ status... 

11 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

Can you do solo? Then they'll all get to piggyback on your D+ status... 

So funny story about this.

Pre-covid we were only a few points away from Diamond and I tried to get her to go on a small free cruise with me.  She wouldn't do it.  So I told her I would go alone.  For 2 months I said, I told her when I was leaving, when I would be back....right up till the day of the cruise.  She went to work and I said bye, see you in a week and she left.

So then I moved my car into the back of my barn where it couldn't be seen and went about my day (I work from home).  Close to when she would come home, I locked up the house, turned everything off and proceed to hide in the bedroom.  She came in (with the kids she picked up on the way home) saw I wasn't home and went APE SHIT CRAZY all while our kids are like "but Mom, you guys talked about it, he is on a cruise alone to get up to the next level"....all while I am upstairs laughing my arse off.   So needless to say....going solo isn't an option.

1 hour ago, dodgestang said:

So funny story about this.

Pre-covid we were only a few points away from Diamond and I tried to get her to go on a small free cruise with me.  She wouldn't do it.  So I told her I would go alone.  For 2 months I said, I told her when I was leaving, when I would be back....right up till the day of the cruise.  She went to work and I said bye, see you in a week and she left.

So then I moved my car into the back of my barn where it couldn't be seen and went about my day (I work from home).  Close to when she would come home, I locked up the house, turned everything off and proceed to hide in the bedroom.  She came in (with the kids she picked up on the way home) saw I wasn't home and went APE SHIT CRAZY all while our kids are like "but Mom, you guys talked about it, he is on a cruise alone to get up to the next level"....all while I am upstairs laughing my arse off.   So needless to say....going solo isn't an option.

That sounds like a very dangerous story to me !  

On 4/27/2022 at 4:59 PM, WAAAYTOOO said:

That sounds like a very dangerous story to me !  

Something amazing has happened.  She has agreed to another cruise before Alaska.  Look through our offers and we are taking a free ride to Bermuda out of Baltimore (our home port) in July in a Junior Suite for taxes and port fees.  🙂  Will be nice to finally use one of these 'free' offers as-is.