Nextcruise deadline today-can’t get through on phone to Costco

3 hours ago, Monicaicg said:

Should I just book on the website and hope they can fix it later?  It says in our Nextcruise thing that we need to call.  But I call Costco and they hang up due to “experiencing high call volumes”.  Anyone have experience with this?   

More info please.  Why do you need to call Costco, are they your TA?  What are you trying to do exactly?  Are you trying to switch your reservation/booking from a NextCruise desk on the ship to your TA (Costco)?  

7 hours ago, Monicaicg said:

I finally got through to Costco.  I guess they have to book our Nextcruise by calling Royal.  Yes, Costco was our named travel agent.  I’m still waiting on hold while they book it.  

Just off Symphony with a COSTCO reservation and when I used the NextCruise desk I filled out the paperwork and had the 2 new cruises moved to MEI and my agent Beth.  The cash card is not worth it for never getting ahold of them and Beth is so responsive to calls and emails.  

When visiting NextCruise if your current cruise that you are sailing on when visiting NextCruise was booked through a travel agency, any NextCruise booking will automatically be assigned to the same agency, unless you instruct NextCruise otherwise.  

It's not a problem to tell NextCruise to keep it a direct booking, or to assign it to a different agency, that's up to you.  You just have to tell them.  

9 hours ago, Monicaicg said:

I finally got through to Costco.  I guess they have to book our Nextcruise by calling Royal.  Yes, Costco was our named travel agent.  I’m still waiting on hold while they book it.  

This is strange, because when it is named on the next cruise confirmation, Costco just need to 'pull' the reservation into their system.  The only reason I've had to call is to trigger that so I can see the itinerary on my account.  I don't think there is any time limit to do so.  That said, I usually call within day or two of returning so I can check the itinerary in their system.  Anyhow I am glad you've resolved this, because calling them is a pain.

Another vote against COSTCO here. We used COSTCO for years pre-pandemic, and it was absolutely MISERABLE trying to get someone on the phone without waiting an hour or two, and then waiting on the phone for another few hours. We have 2 more cruises this year that were handled by COSTCO pre-/during pandemic, but all future cruises are going to be with MEI. All the time always spent on the phone with COSTCO was never worth the shop cards or other perks.

Hope you are able to get hold of them eventually and get your NextCruise sorted out!

16 hours ago, RDU said:

We're planning to book with NextCruise and then move it over to MEI since we don't currently have a TA.  From everything I've been reading, MEI is definitely the way to go. 

Agreed, it is the way to go. I am currently on a cruise and booked 2 more with NextCruise. My MEI TA already emailed me that she got the bookings and found a price drop 😂

22 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

Was this a BookLater nextcruise?  Those always have to be booked directly (then transferred)

(edit)  Duh! I made the mistake of replying before my first cup of coffee! LOL! I read "What is a Book Later..."  😂

The Book Later reservations also automatically default to the TA (if app) listed on the current sailing/reservation when the reservation is made.

We booked two Book Later reservations back in FEB for the first time and they automatically were "linked" to our TA. The number to call on the Book Later confirmation sheet is actually your TA's number (if app). We also booked them through the Royal app (very dangerous!) and I don't recall an option to drop/change the TA. Of course the TA is not aware of these reservations until you call and actually book a sailing through them.

1 hour ago, JohnK6404 said:

(edit)  Duh! I made the mistake of replying before my first cup of coffee! LOL! I read "What is a Book Later..."  😂

The Book Later reservations also automatically default to the TA (if app) listed on the current sailing/reservation when the reservation is made.

We booked two Book Later reservations back in FEB for the first time and they automatically were "linked" to our TA. The number to call on the Book Later confirmation sheet is actually your TA's number (if app). We also booked them through the Royal app (very dangerous!) and I don't recall an option to drop/change the TA. Of course the TA is not aware of these reservations until you call and actually book a sailing through them.

To change or drop a TA you need to visit NextCruise and say you want to change or drop a TA.  The default action is to assign it to the current TA.  

The reference number on your open booking will become the booking number once it is converted to a specific ship and sail date.  You only have two months to convert it or you won't get any NextCruise OBC.  After 12 months it will be cancelled and money lost so don't forget about it.