Unlimited Dining Package Reservations

kbelknap

My husband and I will be sailing in July on Harmony of the Seas with our 9 month old son. We decided to go all out and do the unlimited dining package since we don't know when we will be able to do a big vacation next. I was reading that someone suggested getting on board and going straight to whatever specialty restaurant is open on embarkation day for lunch, then using the app to make the rest of our dining reservations then. Using this method, are we likely to get all the reservations we are looking to get? Or should we just go to a host stand to make them? 

We are looking for lunch on sea days and dinners at Izumi Hibachi, Jamie's Italian, Chops, 150 Central Park. Wonderland is a maybe for us. 

Thanks so much in advance! I have loved reading all the posts and learning as much as I can. 

3 hours ago, kbelknap said:

My husband and I will be sailing in July on Harmony of the Seas with our 9 month old son. We decided to go all out and do the unlimited dining package since we don't know when we will be able to do a big vacation next. I was reading that someone suggested getting on board and going straight to whatever specialty restaurant is open on embarkation day for lunch, then using the app to make the rest of our dining reservations then. Using this method, are we likely to get all the reservations we are looking to get? Or should we just go to a host stand to make them? 

We are looking for lunch on sea days and dinners at Izumi Hibachi, Jamie's Italian, Chops, 150 Central Park. Wonderland is a maybe for us. 

Thanks so much in advance! I have loved reading all the posts and learning as much as I can. 

We did the unlimited dining package on our Symphony B2B last September...it was an absolutely delicious glutton festival! 🤣

With that being said, you definitely want to run to the first specialty restaurant reservation desk on embarkation day to get the best dining times. Also, not all the specialty locations can book your reservation time at the Coco Beach Club, but Chops can handle that one for you.

Going to the host stand gives you the fastest experience, as they can quickly move their PC mouse buttons from one restaurant to the next and help you efficiently juggle your dining times. The app is fine, but that in-person "assist" will give you much greater flexibility.

Bottom line, make a beeline to Chops once you get onboard and you'll have all of your reservations set for the week in about 3 minutes tops.

Good Luck and Happy Sailing to your family and you! 🙂 

On 4/26/2022 at 6:21 PM, kbelknap said:

I was reading that someone suggested getting on board and going straight to whatever specialty restaurant is open on embarkation day for lunch, then using the app to make the rest of our dining reservations then. Using this method, are we likely to get all the reservations we are looking to get? Or should we just go to a host stand to make them? 

Going to one of the specialty restaurants that is open to eat that has a host stand is the best of both worlds! Order lunch and fiddle with the app while you wait in line at the host stand. Sabor was open for lunch when we boarded and no one was there so you could have monopolized the host and nabbed all of the reservations.