Photo Package

Aloha,

Wife and I were curious if anyone out there has any feedback on the Photo package  ( up to 100 prints or digitals ) to be specific.  I'm not one that enjoys walking around with a camera 24/7 I even enjoy leaving my camera that you can make calls from ie:phone in the room so to have someone doing it interests us, all that being said the deal seems reasonable and I'm sure they will have people over over the ship taking pictures we just wonder is it worth it how would they know we got the package or is it up to us to make sure each time we see them go get a picture like when a child see's a  Disney character they run to it if we only get a hand full of photos it would not be worth it.

Mahloa

Dave & Lamyai

The photographers aren't around for most of the day to necessarily take pictures of you like you would with a personal phone. Instead, you'll see them taking photos at all of ports on the pier area and then in the evenings for portrait-style photos. If you go to Cococay or Labadee, they'll walk around the island and take pictures there too. They also often roam around the main dining rooms and specialty restaurants to take photos at dinner. IMO, 100 photos is A LOT. We did a 6-night cruise last October and did a 50 photo package and even then, we struggled to find 50 photos we wanted. Caveat that to say we went with our 2 kids, so most of the pictures were of them posing in the portrait areas with different backgrounds and poses, and we only need but a few pictures of the two of them, no matter how cute I think they are. 🙂 

As for the digital delivery of the photos, we had to wait way longer than promised to receive them after the cruise, even after several emails to RC customer service. We did eventually get them, but the process wasn't that great. Hopefully it's something they've fixed since October.

In Nov 2021 we received the 100 photos on a USB drive at the end of the cruise (as opposed to in the past where they sent an email).   I like not having to choose just one or two pictures, and the photos at Coco Cay in the water are great.  This past cruise we went with 15 people total, so getting a pic of all of us at the pier at CocoCay was definitely worth the $125 I paid for the 100 picture package.  Then we got a pic of all the kids from all the families in the water, which is also a favorite of ours.  

I have the 100 print package booked again for Thanksgiving 2022, and again paid $125.  for that price I love having all the memories and groups of different people (we cruise with my parents, so getting nice pics of them with the kids is priceless).

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Cruisers 

I wanted to add to this discussion. I purchased the package the poster mentioned above for my June Oasis of the Seas sailing. I plan on having a lot of photos as it will be a full extended family traveling. I wanted to know if royal Caribbean will have an issue with my extended family sending pictures to my room so I can use their pictures to count to the 100 pictures. Has anyone had any issues with this? We plan on taking many different pictures with our extended family. 

Thanks

2 hours ago, leesam82 said:

Hello Cruisers 

I wanted to add to this discussion. I purchased the package the poster mentioned above for my June Oasis of the Seas sailing. I plan on having a lot of photos as it will be a full extended family traveling. I wanted to know if royal Caribbean will have an issue with my extended family sending pictures to my room so I can use their pictures to count to the 100 pictures. Has anyone had any issues with this? We plan on taking many different pictures with our extended family. 

Thanks

Typically the photographer asks for your cabin #, they don’t know who is in your cabin.  The problem would be if they give their own cabin #, you aren’t in their pictures and then you want to move their photos to your account.  When I approached the photo people about pictures not on my friends account, because she used my cabin, the first question was “is she in the picture”.  

17 hours ago, IzzyB said:

I would do the prints and I see 100 pictures is really the only option as 10 and 20 are only slightly cheaper.  Are all the prints 8x10 or do they sometimes do smaller prints?

I want to say they usually do the 8x10 prints. I was on the athem last november and did 10 prints but we also ddint' go out of our way to take pictures. This upcoming trip we will definitely take the time to take more pictures to get the 100. 

59 minutes ago, leesam82 said:

I want to say they usually do the 8x10 prints. I was on the athem last november and did 10 prints but we also ddint' go out of our way to take pictures. This upcoming trip we will definitely take the time to take more pictures to get the 100. 

I would totally buy the 10 if the 100 wasn't only 40 dollars more.  I mean when paying $100 why not pay $140 for 90 more pictures.

3 hours ago, CruiseFun said:

Hello, so to confirm, the 100 print package (or any of the numbered quantity packages), pricing includes 100 8x10 physical prints of my choice mailed to you (I'm in Canada), plus the hi-res digital files of all (likely >100 photos)?  Thanks.

Digital or physical.

I'm not sure how the physical option works as we just opt for the digital,

The digital are emailed to you after the cruise (up to 2 weeks wait time I think) but you can also download them one by one via the ship's wifi for free while on board.

8 hours ago, YellowBrickRoad said:

I did the 100 print package in March. Loved lots of the pix, I just wish they weren’t all 8x10. Hard finding an album to accommodate so many that size! 

The prints will be annoying especially since they are larger. What you could probably do is scan those 8x10s and print them at a local pharmacy or office supply store to make them fit. Another thing i'm thinking about doing for this up coming trip is to get digitals and print them out myself. 

OK, thanks for the clarification -- it's either 100 physical or 100 digital.  Can anyone elaborate "how" the 100 physical photos are shipped -- eg. are they in great shape (not bent, wet, etc.) when they arrive; anyone with experience in a shipment outside of the US?

On 5/31/2022 at 2:32 PM, leesam82 said:

The prints will be annoying especially since they are larger. What you could probably do is scan those 8x10s and print them at a local pharmacy or office supply store to make them fit. Another thing i'm thinking about doing for this up coming trip is to get digitals and print them out myself. 

I thought of that myself of getting it digital and printing myself…I went the print route because I wanted to the photos right away in my hands and can scan and change size to print later. 

On 6/1/2022 at 8:18 AM, CruiseFun said:

OK, thanks for the clarification -- it's either 100 physical or 100 digital.  Can anyone elaborate "how" the 100 physical photos are shipped -- eg. are they in great shape (not bent, wet, etc.) when they arrive; anyone with experience in a shipment outside of the US?

You get the prints at the end of the cruise when you pick which ones you want. I go on the 6th day in the morning since it’s not that busy and they finished taking pictures…place my order on computer and by evening they are done and can be picked up. 
They will tell you when ready…usually a box of everyone’s package and you look for your name with them. 
If you wait until last minute it can get very busy. 

• 3 months later...

We got off the Navigator of the Seas yesterday. We purchased the 5 picture photo package and it was well worth it. I wish I would have bought a larger package. You CANNOT go back and purchase any once offboard. So, make sure you get all you want in a larger package or while you are on the ship before leaving.