COVD test requirement to re-enter the U.S. after disembarking in Vancouver

KMSP17

We have an Alaska cruise coming up in June that disembarks in Vancouver. From what I can tell a negative COVID test is needed to re-enter the U.S. and must be taken no more than one day prior to the flight. 

The cruise ends, and our flight back to the U.S. is on a Friday. I think at-home tests are permitted if they are monitored via tele-health (just like Royal Caribbean's requirement). The day before the flight is a sea day for us. We have an internet package, but I think we have a surf package, so I don't know we'd be able to make a video call so that the test could be monitored. Would it be easiest to just do the test at the Vancouver airport the morning of the flight? Or does anyone know if they will accept an at-home test that wasn't monitored via tele-health in order to re-enter the U.S.?

Since the airline will require the test results to check in you'll need to complete the tests prior to checking in.  I'm not sure if there is a good location to sit down and work through the testing at the airport prior to check in.  Someone more familiar with YVR can hopefully suggest a spot.

It does appear internet VIA Wi-Fi is free at YVR.

https://www.vancouverisawesome.com/vancouver-news/free-wifi-at-yvr-1974255

30 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

man I hope they get rid of that before June

I'm not counting on it for May so I'm taking a bus across the border.  No test required at the land border but I need a test for jumping on Quantum right after Serenade ao I'll have a test anyways.

In the CDC's infinite wisdom they have decided the virus can't travel by land but does by air(plane).  🙂 

I think we may just test at the airport. This testing is getting ridiculous. We have test for the land tour, then test again before embarking then test again to get back into the US. 

Here’s an option at YVR

https://bookings.covid-medical.ca/?fbclid=IwAR34Aw97_bQos8vTqid5M6zlH4HGpTbopM-fh4npKdbUSQ1EMUv3KspJsAc#/customer/yvr

18 hours ago, twangster said:

I'm not counting on it for May so I'm taking a bus across the border.  No test required at the land border but I need a test for jumping on Quantum right after Serenade ao I'll have a test anyways.

In the CDC's infinite wisdom they have decided the virus can't travel by land but does by air(plane).  🙂 

Wising they would get rid of it for my return trip from Europe!  I've already adjusted my flight over so it is only 2 days prior to sailing so I can test at home to board the ship.  This will be Spain's loss of revenue for my peace of mind and my loss for not being able to enjoy Spain.  At the end, I will test and pray...already checked to see if my insurance would cover anything if I test positive and I was told yes (of course that's as accurate as the agent interprets)....otherwise I am prepared to absorb the extra cost-very unwillingly though!  Too bad I can't take a bus home!  LOL