Repricing - travelers from Europe

Hi everyone,

I'm new to cruising, so I had to learn the hard way first, I bought the dringking package for a bigger price, because I waited too long. (I saw the video fromm Matt too late, but ok, lesson is learned for the next cruise)

Now, I read a lot about the repricing of a cruise. If the price changes then you can contact the TA or Royal and they can easily change the price. When I checked again the price for our cruise, the same cabin category, the difference of the price was 1332 € less (I had tears in my eyes🥲)  We booked the cruise via a TA, because I couldn't book it directly from Royal Caribbean, I guess it only goes in the USA.

I contacted my TA about the price change, they said they will check this and get back to me. But I don't think they will do something, because when I send them the article about this from your Blog, they didn't know anything.

My question is, do anyone has experiance for repracing from Europe? Can I do something on my own, if the TA says that they can't do anything. The change in price is quite a lot.  I see this is in the USA very different, you have good TA who change the price for you. To whom can I turn?

Thank you🙂

I would call your TA again and press the issue.

I do know that guests who booked in the UK have been able to get price drops through Cruise with Confidence but it sometimes took a few phone calls because price drops were not normally available in the UK before Cruise with Confidence.

You might also contact Royal directly to confirm if Cruise with Confidence should be available in your case based on the country and TA who booked the cruise.

Don't know about Slovenia, but in Germany you can book directly with Royal. Repricing of the cruise is unfortunately not possible here but I was able to switch cruises and/or upgrade cabins without a fee as long as the new price was more expensive than the old booking. So if the cruise price drops much it might be an option to pay the same (or a few € more) and at least get a better cabin? As I don't book with a TA I was able to handle that by calling the Royal contact number for Germany. If applicable in Slovenia, your TA should at least be able to do that.

Again not sure about Slovenia, but Cruise Planner purchases can be repriced by canceling and rebooking in Germany. Just read the terms and conditions, it should allow canceling up to a few days before the cruise.

Our TA is really unresponsable. I don’t know what to do anymore.

I had to write and call that they give me the reservation nr., so I could log in into the Cruise Planner. Always the same answer that they will check, and are busy. 😖
On friday I got an Email that they will contact Royal and ask, and will get back to me, I didn’t hear nothing yet. 
Probably in one week they will say that they couldn’t do anything. 
It’s really a lot of money. 

I couldnt book directly at Royal Caribbean, because I couldn’t choose my country. In Cruise Planner I can normally book and cancel. 

8 hours ago, Natashaaa said:

The problem is, that I don't know what TA booked, I don't know if is cruise with confidence.

We booked the cruise on 6th April 2022,  for an Alaska cruise on 23th June 2022. 

Bookings made after March 31, 2022 are no longer eligible for Cruise with Confidence, so unfortunately yours is not eligible.

You had a small window before the final payment due date (which was yesterday for your reservation) to modify the booking prior to final payment.

I don't think you'll be able to get the reprice, but if you make the claim to your TA that you made the request before the final payment due date (April 24th), you may be able to get somewhere.  Good luck to you.