Best Website for Coco Cay weather?

Aron_Ross

Unfortunately I think the weather may not be great when I’m in Coco Cay Tues May 3rd. How can I confirm that for sure? It’s not like I can look up the weather at Coco on weather.com or accuweather.

If it’s too windy do they shut down the water slides? 

One has 48 hours prior to sailing to cancel excursions and dining/drink packages correct?

What makes you think the weather won't be good 9 days from now?  Weather forecasting in the Bahamas is unpredictable at best.  

CocoCay is part of the Berry Islands and you will find those on some weather websites.

https://www.wunderground.com/weather/bs/berry-islands/IBERRY34

CocoCay used to have its own WeatherUnderground site but that appears to be down at the moment.

image.thumb.jpeg.358f8bff961ae80eafa40d6778d697cf.jpeg

It's way too early to use this or any weather forecast with any degree of certainty but there is no reason to draw a conclusion that the weather won't be good on May 3rd.  Take another look a couple days before. 

For many years I have wondered why Royal Caribbean has not approached Accuweather, weather.com. and the Apple weather app folks and kindly asked to have CoCo Cay and as a reported location-- even if it is just a relabeled Berry islands forecast. I think many, many people would like to be reminded of that information even though they are not on a cruise.

Or, on the other hand; they could just use the following permanent Coco Cay forecast:  In the morning, breezy with scattered clouds. Winds building in the afternoon and chance of scattered afternoon showers 50%. Days high of 80. Winds turn to blustery as the tide rolls out in the late afternoon but with abundant sunshine.

6 hours ago, twangster said:

What makes you think the weather won't be good 9 days from now?  Weather forecasting in the Bahamas is unpredictable at best.  

I found some site that I never heard of before and it posted the weather for Cocoa Cay.  It noted that Tuesday May 3rd will be completely overcast with rain. What you just posted for me put my mind at ease and I know weather underground is a lot more reliable… Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Well I am happy to report the weather cooperated for the most part. Coco Cay was cloudy with drizzle in the morning then the sun came out and was partly cloudy for the remainder.  So it was an almost perfect day at Coco Cay.

The worst weather was on sea day before we arrived at Nassau, most of that morning there were thunderstorms with lightning right outside my balcony. That was fun! Nassau had some rain for about 20 minutes when we got off the ship and cleared up for most of the day.