Star Class Question

We are booked on the Ovation that embarks in 19 days (but it is circa 5:30 PM, 4/24/22).  We were originally booked on one of the inner Grands Loft Suites and we found that the outside Grand Loft Suites (corner location) has 3 balconies and much more privacy for us (we drew the short straw and we are sleeping on the pull-out couch), it just popped up as available.  We made the change without any additional cost involved (same category).  

My question:  When we changed suites we also changed Genie.  We had Dexter who has a great reputation and we now have Rahul, apparently a new Genie.  He was a Concierge before becoming a Genie, though.  Has anybody had him yet as a Genie?  How was/is he?  I've already emailed back and forth with him and he definitely knows how to say the right things.   

All input greatly appreciated 🚢

Weird the Genies would change guest responsibility after initial contact had been made due to suite change.

Hopefully I'm wrong about this. From what I remember when  getting the chance to look at the corner Grand Loft. The living room area was tight due to all the furniture they crammed in a smaller area. I really think it is going to be tight once the rollaway is added and the couch extended.

@WAAAYTOOOyour thoughts? If I'm recalling you've done a B2B going from the middle to corner Grand Loft. 

10 minutes ago, MLH said:

Rahul was also a concierge before becoming a genie and hasnt been a genie much longer than dexter.  You can't go wrong with Dexter.

Did you mean the other way around.  My understanding is that Dexter is the experienced Genie (however so more or little) and Rahul is the newbie.  

10 minutes ago, 1st Mate said:

Did you mean the other way around.  My understanding is that Dexter is the experienced Genie (however so more or little) and Rahul is the newbie.  

Think Dexter had entered Genie training with Alan R. around September of 2021. If I'm recalling correctly he was one of the concierges on Allure when I sailed then with Alan R. as our Genie.  

6 minutes ago, CGTLH said:

Weird the Genies would change guest responsibility after initial contact had been made due to suite change.

Hopefully I'm wrong about this. From what I remember when  getting the chance to look at the corner Grand Loft. The living room area was tight due to all the furniture they crammed in a smaller area. I really think it is going to be tight once the rollaway is added and the couch extended.

@WAAAYTOOOyour thoughts? If I'm recalling you've done a B2B going from the middle to corner Grand Loft. 

Yep, we watched the Youtube videos on it (10320), not the best informational videos I've watched on Youtube, but it gave me/us an idea and I'd sacrifice a little roominess for the privacy.  The other suites have the Loft looking down right at the bed below, in plain view.  We are close with the other couple, but not that close 😀.  And the 3 balconies are a plus, can view the ocean rear view and the side of the ship.

Actually, we have been communicating all along with Rahul.  He's been emailing us for Dexter, I guess Dexter is exercising his seniority, LOL.  

11 minutes ago, 1st Mate said:

Actually, we have been communicating all along with Rahul.  He's been emailing us for Dexter, I guess Dexter is exercising his seniority, LOL.

In that case I'd say it works out better now that you've moved into one of Rahul's suites. No more middle man type interaction.

37 minutes ago, CGTLH said:

Yeah,  not a fan of the corner loft suites.  You give up a LOT of room - especially upstairs.  We had no use for the other 2 smaller balconies but some people really like them.  I really don’t see the “privacy” aspect.  Both lofts look directly down on the lower floor.  After spending a week (8 days) in the center suite and then moving to the corner for the second week….wow, were we disappointed.  But Star Class is Star Class so we manager to suffer through.  🤩🤩.  Roll away AND pull-out couch ?  Yikes !

17 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Yeah,  not a fan of the corner loft suites.  You give up a LOT of room - especially upstairs.  We had no use for the other 2 smaller balconies but some people really like them.  I really don’t see the “privacy” aspect.  Both lofts look directly down on the lower floor.  After spending a week (8 days) in the center suite and then moving to the corner for the second week….wow, were we disappointed.  But Star Class is Star Class so we manager to suffer through.  🤩🤩.  Roll away AND pull-out couch ?  Yikes !

The other couple, actually the wife, is not a morning person at all.  So, she really needs a place where she can wake up, get her coffee and sit on a balcony where she won't see other humans and other humans won't bother her 🙂 for about an hour after waking up.  It's like self preservations!  We also like the separate shower/lav vs. toilet/sink.

59 minutes ago, MLH said:

Dexters first sailing was Nov 2021.  We had him on our Halloween Cruise and then he went off to be a genie.  He had gone through training right before covid hit.  I thought Rahual was just in the previous class and started in Mar 2020 right before the shut down.

Could be.  My wife asked the same question I did in her Facebook (I don't do Facebook) Roll Call and several people told her that Dexter is the senior and Rahul is the newbie. Doesn't really matter, Rahul is our Genie and not much can change that and I don't want to change that.  I don't put much credence in what goes on in Facebook anyway. 

4 hours ago, CGTLH said:

Think Dexter had entered Genie training with Alan R. around September of 2021. If I'm recalling correctly he was one of the concierges on Allure when I sailed then with Alan R. as our Genie.  

Yep, Alan R trained Dexter. They’re both awesome, intuitive, genuinely “good people” and great genies.  
I was on Harmony while Rahul was rotated as Concierge in the Diamond Lounge.  From brief encounters and observation over 7 days, I’m pretty sure his temperament wouldn’t be a great fit for our family’s genie.