Voom devices

First timer and apologies im sure this has been answered but I have looked and cant find.  SO I am thinking I will purchase voom 1 device.  Can I use my iphone, then log out and then later say use my computer?  Yes this is two devices but they are both mine and I wont be using at the same time.  Is this possible or do I have to get 2 devices which is not worth my while.  OR should I just do the internet cafe.  I need to stay in touch with work for emails mostly.

First timer and apologies im sure this has been answered but I have looked and cant find.  SO I am thinking I will purchase voom 1 device.  Can I use my iphone, then log out and then later say use my computer?  Yes this is two devices but they are both mine and I wont be using at the same time.  Is this possible or do I have to get 2 devices which is not worth my while.  OR should I just do the internet cafe.  I need to stay in touch with work for emails mostly.

Yes, this is exactly what I did.  I would log into one device, and then log out and join on another.  You will need to enter a code each time, so the easiest was to do this is to copy it to the clipboard after entering it the first time since it is comprised of letters and numbers.

Guest toodle68

We just did this with 3 devices.. 2 phones and an ipad.  1 phone was always the one the kids could use and we switched to the others once or twice a day. Absolutely keep the key in clipboard or notepad since you will be pasting a lot. We found that when connecting another device, it did not always go to the login page so I found the best way was to bookmark that access login page. After that it was a breeze.

If you have the app 1Password, you can set up the login on one device and then enable syncing of data across devices through iCloud (only for Mac laptops/desktops, iPhones, and iPads) or Dropbox (all devices). This is the easiest approach, as 1Password includes a simple extension for accessing your login info and popping directly into the sign in form on your browser.

Plus, you then have the best password manager in the world. Not that I'm biased or anything. 😉

We only want to check in occasionally with family. Trying to decide the least costly way. Texting app? Anything else? Is it worth it to get the one day pass and get wifi in the ports if available? Would love ideas on what has worked for some of you!

Texting, even while roaming is pretty cheap. Check your carrier rates, but incoming texts are usually free and the worst outgoing rate I ever saw was 50 cents per message.  There is no doubt this is the cheapest option.

Texting, even while roaming is pretty cheap. Check your carrier rates, but incoming texts are usually free and the worst outgoing rate I ever saw was 50 cents per message. There is no doubt this is the cheapest option.

I'll add a caveat to that: If you have a smart phone, make absolutely sure you have data roaming turned off. Otherwise, since you'll have your phone's cell signalling turned on, it will continue to check for email, get notifications from your apps, etc. And that could lead to really nasty surprise in your bill, as data roaming charges are HUGE.

Thanks! I will check with Sprint, my carrier in texting. We have a college student so that would be great. Though I never trust their answers. So if anyone has them and has recently tried texting, I would like to hear about that! And thanks for the roaming reminder! I know that but it is so easy to forget!

I have Sprint here...

For the most part Sprint covers SMS at no additional when International in the Caribbean. Plus, you'll get slow as heck and just about useless data aswell.

Just make sure you sign up for the proper roaming package prior to departure. Just keep in mind, on the ship's cellular network you will be charged.

https://www.sprint.com/landings/international-value-roaming/