Check-in vaccination “ validating your record”

Tret

8 minutes ago, Larry Muster said:

You upload an image and it goes though some validation process.  The app tells (me at least) that it's "validating my record".  it stayed like that for 3 weeks for me and just went to the green check (29ish days ahead of sailing).

Very interesting, thanks for the info. I guess we'll try and upload our cards. I assume you still have to bring your physical copy too on the cruise, to the terminal, and of course port stops?

• 2 weeks later...

We checked-in 45 days out, vax cards were validated about 15 days later.

It seems to vary greatly so I wouldn't be at all concerned unless it was close to your cruise (and even then you can/have to just show it at the pier anyway).

• 2 months later...

Ours took a little over 2 weeks to switch to "validated".  FWIW, other members mentioned that the status didn't matter and only the actual check in at the terminal mattered with regard to confirming your vaccination status.  I assume then that this is a "pre-check" to ferret out any potential issues in lieu of waiting to arrive at the terminal only to discover that you don't meet the reqs.

3 hours ago, RCIfan1912 said:

Mine finally went to validated last week, whole family. Now I have to take a pic and enter it again for a cruise 19 days after this one when it should just carry over. I don't get that. The vaccine cards and dates aren't going to change, and certainly not between cruises that close together. 

I hear ya!  However, it seems you can upload a stored photo if you use the web to check in.  It gives you the choice to upload a stored photo or activate a camera.