Bringing own snacks

If you're going on a ship with Park Cafe, you can collect bags of chips for your cabin (lays, doritos, etc.). You can also bring a large ziploc and collect a bag of the cookies found everywhere. Heck, we often even have a few desserts from the WJ or elsewhere in our cabin fridge at times.

By all means, bring your own, but this is our source of in-room snacks.

I am also a type 1 Diabetic but I am Hyperglycemic.  I weigh a whopping 140lbs and mostly eat once a day if I feel hungry. My trouble is that I cannot keep my hands off all the snacks while onboard.  I am usually the first one in line several times a day for the Ice cream cone machine.  It is more embarrassing now that it is not self serve to be seen going through the line so many times.  I give my Insulin pump a workout while onboard a Cruise ship and have hit over 700mg/dl which makes me fit right in because it looks like I have consumed two drink packages at that number. I have told my Dr. that I must be honest and that I am a bad patient and do not follow Diabetic guidelines. His response was, "Then I will be honest as well.  Your going to die."   I will be going out doing what I love,  CRUISING!

addendum:  In no way do I advocate anyone following my bad habits.  It is reckless and could shorten my life significantly. On the flip side,  I have had one hell of a great life and enjoy every minute. 

On our recent Anthem cruise we brought all kinds of snacks, from ginger cookies, to trail mixes, to junior mints, and Hershey's Nuggets - we love these chocolate morsels. (https://www.amazon.com/HERSHEYS-Nuggets-Chocolate-Candy-Assortment/dp/B07PFF8J2P).  So I guess other people do too since we found them for sale on-board at "The Shop".  That is saying something as they only have room for a few chocolate candy items!

1 hour ago, BigKarl said:

I am usually the first one in line several times a day for the Ice cream cone machine.

Honestly, I don't know how anyone could resist it.  We visit everyday, sometimes more than once.  My wife loves the vanilla and I love it all... 😉

21 minutes ago, Cirasa said:

I usually bring my fav Haribo gummy bears onboard

This reminded me that I have to try some of those sugar free gummy bears the next time I need to do a cleanse. The reviews of these things are comedy gold.

https://www.amazon.com/Sugar-Free-Gummy-Bears-5LBS/product-reviews/B00CMS97YS

9 minutes ago, AspiringCruisePlanner said:

This reminded me that I have to try some of those sugar free gummy bears the next time I need to do a cleanse. The reviews of these things are comedy gold.

https://www.amazon.com/Sugar-Free-Gummy-Bears-5LBS/product-reviews/B00CMS97YS

My goodness the product description even offers a warning

"

• This product is a sugarless/sugarfree item with ingredients that can cause intestinal distress if eaten in excess.

Yes you can bring snacks.

Typically the wife and i don't bring any snacks on board as there is so many awesome offerings available on board.

However for the exception, we do bring a few small packs of Kettle Salt & Vinegar chips/crisps.....the wife has a craving for them!

Why you might ask? Well in 2017 we paid $11.00USD on board for a pack that would of costed.....$1.80AUD 

So yes think of the snacks you can't go without lol.

17 hours ago, Xtentions said:

WE bring such things everywhere we go.  I am diabetic and sometimes need a snack to keep my blood sugar from going too low.  Especially on the ship or shore excursion that I might be more active than normal.  They just need to be unopened prepackaged and you will have no issues.

We bring snacks for a similar reason -- DD has celiac, and we keep Gluten free snack bars for her as an option to bring off the ship in case she gets hungry & can't find anything safe onshore, and other DD has a seizure disorder, & we've seen that low blood sugar can trigger one, so we have others on hand in case we need to give her something quickly

11 minutes ago, Riley said:

You can but please note: no fresh fruits can be brought on board, not even apple slices. I'm not sure about dried fruit. 

as long as it's prepackaged an unopened, it's okay. Dried fruits are considered non-perishable.

Per Royal Caribbean
“One of the best things about cruising is the food! And there will be many dining options available to suit most tastes and preferences. However you are free to bring non-perishable prepackaged food in limited quantities.”