Beach beds on South Beach?

I have a South Beach bed rented for my May 1st cruise. I usually always try to get a Coco Beach Club pass because I love the lunch menu. Inside the club, there are a few beach beds available by the pool, but they are always taken…and away from the beach.

But recently I have been doing beach beds at Breezy Bay on Chill Island. They are so much more comfortable than the loungers.

The first time, the bed location was assigned and it was in the second row. I’m glad I got that over the first row…I prefer the increased perception of privacy as there are not people constantly passing right in front of me on the beach, and some people think the two loungers in front of the bed are open and have to be told they can’t use them.
Last week, the beds were ‘first come, first served’ and I knew I didn’t have to rush because I would pick the second row again. Got there late, and there were still a couple available in the first row. 
I like the Breezy Bay beds because there is a restroom, a bar and a snack shack very close by…steps away. Plus, the servers are pretty much making the rounds most of the time. 
I’ll see how I like the South Beach beds this time. Always up for trying something new!

• 1 year later...

I wanted some opinions on the beach beds at South Beach. I hear there are plenty of regular chairs and umbrellas all around the island. Do you think it’s worth getting a beach bed for the day? It’s my first time to CocoCay. Do you think a beach bed limits you because it’s just in one area or are people moving around a lot throughout the day. 

On 7/3/2023 at 12:04 PM, Jodi said:

I wanted some opinions on the beach beds at South Beach. I hear there are plenty of regular chairs and umbrellas all around the island. Do you think it’s worth getting a beach bed for the day? It’s my first time to CocoCay. Do you think a beach bed limits you because it’s just in one area or are people moving around a lot throughout the day. 

We've rented beach beds in different parts of the island.  At Chill and Breezy Bay I would probably book a beach bed again.  At South Beach I don't really feel the need.  There are lots of chairs and the food, drinks and bathrooms are so close.  There are umbrellas everywhere so no need to worry about shade.  The beach beds certainly provide more comfort than the regular chairs but if you get off the ship first thing and take the tram to south beach you should have no trouble getting chairs in the first few rows along the water.  We don't tend to move around once we have our spot but you certainly can do so and come back to your spot. Being that it's your first time to CocoCay a walk around the island is certainly worth doing.  Enjoy!