Pre cruise Covid testing

Omar

Hey everyone! 

My wife and I are going on a cruise this coming Monday out of Galveston. My question is, for the pre cruise testing, do they call cvs or my doctor to verify the test or is it just the paper they look at? 

Trying to get a gauge for how long those process takes to board the ship as well as a backup plan if I end up forgetting the test results. 

thanks 

I can’t imagine you would forget the test results.  You can print them and out and put them with your travel documents.

For most :passport or birth certificate with govt photo ID
Vaccination card
Set sail pass-printed or in the app
Covid test results, printed, or screen shot or open on the webpage

there are no phone calls

I personally print all my documents, and check in takes under 3 minutes, unless there is an unforeseen issue.

5 hours ago, Pattycruise said:

I can’t imagine you would forget the test results.  You can print them and out and put them with your travel documents.

For most :passport or birth certificate with govt photo ID
Vaccination card
Set sail pass-printed or in the app
Covid test results, printed, or screen shot or open on the webpage

there are no phone calls

I personally print all my documents, and check in takes under 3 minutes, unless there is an unforeseen issue.

Perfect. I got mine done today. However I noticed it has no CLIA lab number or Certification number. It’s from a company named Passport Health. Has the medical assistants signature and time stamp. Will that work? 

@Matt stole my thunder.  I do my tests at CVS.  They will text you a link which you can log into from your phone or computer.  You can then download the results as a PDF file.  If this PDF is all you have at the terminal then you can open it and show it to the representative.  Just make sure your phone can open a PDF file first!  Alternatively, clicking on your text link will get you to the website which you could show, but you will have to login first which is not ideal.  I like the PDF file better.  Also, if they want a copy at that point you could just mail it to them or find a printer to print it.  It is a solid back-up plan.