Tribute Bands

TheRick

1 hour ago, TheRick said:

Do most ships have tribute bands or only certain ships or classes of ships? I’ve seen tribute bands in some of the old cruise compasses but not all.

I was told at one time that "tribute bands" were somewhat unique to Quantum Class ships, pre-COVID.  But, now I believe it is hit and miss.  

13 hours ago, Al Miller said:

We had an Areosmith cover band on Anthem for 4/3 sailing. And I think they had a Led Zeppelin cover band in before that.

I was on that sailing.  Yes, not only did we have Aeromyth (https://www.aeromyth.com/) once in 270. & twice in the Music Hall, but in the theater we had https://ryanmolloy.com/dreamers.asp as a Frankie Valli tribute.

Another great band we have seen many time on the Anthem are The Royal Swedes (https://theroyalswedes.com/).  They are a house band rather than a tribute, but sometimes plays sets which consist of specific artists/styles/genres.  We love them.  Actually, we first we first heard about the Cruise Shutdown from The Royal Swedes during an Anthem set they were playing on March 13, 2020 - yup they made that announcement on Friday the 13th !!!  🙁

2 hours ago, FoxboroCruiser said:

We had No Quarter (Led Zeppelin cover band) and Beatles Celebration on our Anthem cruise that ended today. Both were really good!  Never thought I’d like a tribute band but I have to admit I enjoyed both.

Also saw that Beatles band on Anthem back in November.  We saw No Quarter on Christmas Eve on Odyssey.  It was a great show that also featured Miles Schon who is lead guitar of DSB, Journey cover band that also played on that sailing).  I love seeing the bands in the Music Hall of the Quantum ships.

8 minutes ago, Peter D said:

Also saw that Beatles band on Anthem back in November.  We saw No Quarter on Christmas Eve on Odyssey.  It was a great show that also featured Miles Schon who is lead guitar of DSB, Journey cover band that also played on that sailing).  I love seeing the bands in the Music Hall of the Quantum ships.

Oh maaaaaan, I'd love to be on a cruise that had a good Lez Zeppelin tribute band.  My all time favorite band.  I also like Boston, very much.  The U2 tribute band that was on our Bermuda cruise (Anthem of the Seas) was great, musically, technically, vocally.   

• 8 months later...

In my PERFECT Royal World I would love it (I know it would be a logistics nightmare) if we could know ahead of time what tribute bands would be performing. I am confident in saying I would book a sailing just to experience the Journey tribute band DSB I believe & the Zepplin one as well. I personally would pass on Bon Jovi but we went to high school with him back in the day when we lived in NJ & hearing that music so much I don't really enjoy it anymore. Sayreville NJ High School Baby!! (Same with Bruce, I know, I know but it was on every radio channel, every minute of every day. )

On 4/24/2022 at 9:36 PM, Moby Dick said:

Oh maaaaaan, I'd love to be on a cruise that had a good Lez Zeppelin tribute band.  My all time favorite band.  I also like Boston, very much.  The U2 tribute band that was on our Bermuda cruise (Anthem of the Seas) was great, musically, technically, vocally.   

Zep is my fave band too! I don't suppose that has anything to do with your handle? I used to play drums, and Bonzo, obviously, is my favorite. 

9 hours ago, RCVoyager said:

The heck with Tribute bands.  Why not see the real thing?  Sixthman has been doing this for 20 years.  They used to use Carnival for their music cruises, until Carnival created their own "Sixthman" copy.   I think it is still in existence as well as Sixthman.  

https://www.sixthman.net/

Why a tribute band you say? Because the bands I like are not together anymore and some of the members are dead.

On 12/28/2022 at 12:21 PM, Cruiser4Life said:

Saw this band on the Anthem....fabulous shows in 270 and the Music Hall.  Every show they played different set - we skipped other activities to see them again.  Original Zep band member (can't remember which) has said this band sounds exactly like the original.  

At one show they asked for requests and were quite surprised when my husband yelled out "Hotdog!".  They hadn't rehearsed that one so they didn't play it, but called my DH a true Zep fan. 🤣 Made his day!

• 2 weeks later...