I will not do this to cruise, I'm worried.

https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/moderna-plans-file-eua-covid-19-shot-very-young-kids-by-april-end-2022-04-20/

I'm one of the biggest vaccine advocates. I have 3 shots, my mom has 3 shots, my wife and 8 year old son get their 2nds shots tomorrow. I got mine pretty early on when you had to fight for an appointment. That being said I will not get our 3 month old, or 6 month old at the time of our sailing in July vaccinated. I just feel that is too young and I have not seen data that 6 months to 5 year olds are getting severe Covid, hospitalized with Covid or dying from Covid. I'm worried that this will be a requirement by the cruise lines in general and Canada in particular where we are going in July.

If this becomes a requirement what are our options? Will we be able to cancel? I mean this wasn't the deal when we booked so I would think we would have that option. I'm more worried about Canada. Love ya Canada but they seem the most cautious to fault than other. This would be a deal breaker for me. 

IF, and in my opinion that's a very BIG if, the cruise lines require vaccines for very young children, that policy would not be active immediately.  They would have to give some buffer time for those kids to actually get the shots or they would have to process a lot of cancellations.  Even if the application is made by April 30th, it will take some time to process before being approved (assuming it is).  Maybe someone else remembers how quickly the process went for other age ranges but I don't see such a policy in place for July cruises.  But if I'm wrong, I agree that you would be able to cancel.

Thanks guys, you all made sense and talked me off my depression over this. We haven't been on a cruise since 2019 as al lot of you have and the thought of having to cancel over something like this would be really disappointing. 

We sail Adventure OTS July to Halifax and they Oasis OTS 2 weeks later to Coco Cay. 

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/fda-authorize-covid-shots-children-5-june-rcna25386

So again this is coming up pretty fast. I'm not worried about Royal Caribbean making this mandatory but Canada which is the most skittish and scared of the countries making it mandatory with no wiggle room. Now our son won't be 6 months till June 19th. It's just something I'm gonna have to keep my eye on. 3 doses for a 6 month to 5 year is absolutely ridiculous and unnecessary. Use a little common sense here FDA, just make it 5 years old is the earliest anyone should get vaccinated. Just a little common sense please. 

Yuppers, I'm embarrassed to be a Canadian amongst the Americans that dominate the cruising world with how complicated travel is to our country - but just have to gulp and hope for the best that eventually things will settle down.   

Just know, we're all in the "same boat" and hopefully once we understand how to cope with this virus, that life will be less stressful when we try to plan a holiday.  

WE CAN DO IT!!!

2 hours ago, LollyPop said:

Yuppers, I'm embarrassed to be a Canadian amongst the Americans that dominate the cruising world with how complicated travel is to our country - but just have to gulp and hope for the best that eventually things will settle down.   

Just know, we're all in the "same boat" and hopefully once we understand how to cope with this virus, that life will be less stressful when we try to plan a holiday.  

WE CAN DO IT!!!

I hope I didn't offend because I absolutely love Canada and Canadians. Canada just seems the most cautious of countries right now, at least in the northern hemisphere. I mean China is a bit crazy too which actually surprises me. Who knew they cared about anything especially their people.