Broken promise

RCCL promise to get you home if tested covid positive not entirely been the case sailing on Oasis in January.

We opted to return by car .They did not cover the normal one way charge for auto rental or gas.Tell me if that comprises we will get you home promise!! Without gas really its not possible!! Policy not matching promise.

Already exhausted all options including executives.Although thrilled to get a very nice reply .Quoted policy for no gas to be fair to all customers 😞 

Beware if you choose return by car!

33 minutes ago, Pinacate said:

RCCL promise to get you home if tested covid positive not entirely been the case sailing on Oasis in January.

We opted to return by car .They did not cover the normal one way charge for auto rental or gas.Tell me if that comprises we will get you home promise!! Without gas really its not possible!! Policy not matching promise.

Already exhausted all options including executives.Although thrilled to get a very nice reply .Quoted policy for no gas to be fair to all customers 😞 

Beware if you choose return by car!

Sorry that this happened to you.

What is the "promise" that you are referring to?

Nothing in what I found says that RCCL will cover "ALL" costs.  Here is what I found:

For all RCI cruises scheduled to sail in April of 2022: • If you are fully vaccinated, under the age of 12 or unable to be vaccinated and you test positive for COVID-19 during the voyage, the cruise line will: • cover the cost of necessary COVID-19 related medical treatment onboard the ship; • coordinate and cover the costs of any required land-based quarantine for you and members of your Traveling Party; and • coordinate and cover the costs of travel arrangements to get you and members of your Traveling Party back home.

On 4/22/2022 at 11:00 AM, HeWhoWaits said:

This would seem to be the part that implies cost of a one-way car rental and associated fuel if that was the best option available.

An implication is different than an express promise.  It doesn't say "all costs."  

It sucks that the OP did not get fully reimbursed, but I just don't see that as a broken promise given the language in the policy.