Bonaire

I'm on a 9d S. Caribbean itinerary aboard Celebrity Equinox from May 6th - 15th. Bonaire is one of our ports. The Equinox sailing on April 15th with the same itinerary as mine, cancelled Bonaire on 4/20 and added an extra day in Curacao. Here's the pertinent part of the letter to guests on that cruise:

Due to potential berthing issues and port congestion in Kralendijk, Bonaire we’ve decided to modify our itinerary. On Wednesday, April 20th, our visit to Bonaire will be replaced with an additional day in Willemstad, Curaçao, thereby allowing us an overnight experience in this beautiful destination.

Since the restart in June '21 and 9 cruises, I've had "port issues" causing a port stop happen once before. It's not widespread, but it happens. I've not received any notifications of itinerary changes for my Caribbean cruise that embarks from Fort Lauderdale on May 6th. If itineraries have been changed on any of my previous cruises, I've been notified at least 2 weeks in advance. That's passed. Of course it could still happen between the cruise start or during it. 

Watching closely…. We are on the 18th sailing for Mariner like some of you.

I’ve seen rumors that they changed Explorer first becuase they have some affected sailings that are closer and once that settles they’ll do Mariner next.

im hoping that isn’t the case.  I don’t think we can switch to cayman without shorting Curaçao and having a really short stop in Cayman.  I feel if we are going to do an island, we need at least 8 hours there… but I’m not on RCIs ops team.😅

• 1 month later...